Right or Wrong: FFL and OSA members opinions needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Right or Wrong?

• Right

Votes: 167 91.8%
  • Wrong

Votes: 15 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ActionJaxn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, might as well say my piece. Last night, I talked to reddog1 by phone and agreed to drive up to Tulsa to purchase the rifle. I then proceeded to fall asleep dreaming about my new LE6920 SOCOM (okay, maybe not). I woke up this morning to a nice message.

"It's been brought to my attention that this rifle will be flipped. After careful consideration, I am terminating this sale. Please do not make the trip today, the rifle is not for sale to you."
It was also suggested that if I only post in the classifieds, I will immediately flip the rifle. My immediate reaction was, reddog1 had somebody else in mind to sell to or to put it on gunbroker for a profit after seeing the $2700 rifle that was posted after I agreed to buy (whatever he decided, good for him).

Please see some of my posts in the classifieds at the link to the right. http://www.okshooters.com/member.php?10656-ActionJaxn
Also, here are more of my posts to the right. http://www.okshooters.com/search.php?searchid=1124517

This post information is just to make it easier for everybody to review instead of just coming out and calling me an opportunist taking advantage of everybody on OkShooters. My posted items are priced so I can take in the lowballs that everybody gets. I am not immune from giving a lowball offer myself, as several people on OKShooters have made it a practice. I have one post in the classifieds of one lower that I priced according to today's market value (expecting to take less) which I then will use to purchase another high priced item or get a good trade deal on something else.

I've made several good deals with several good people here. I've also been stupid and missed out on some great deals that I had in hand, such as an LWRCI rifle that I let go.

Just as a side note, if you see in my posting right after the shooting, I started asking around for a LE6920 in the classifieds. I've been on the lookout for 3 months now. I had an opportunity to purchase one at Wal-mart pre-shooting, but unfortunately, let it go. This purchase today was supposed to complete my search.

Anyways, my whole post is useless dribble, reddog1, this is your rifle, you are free to do whatever you want with it, but you've lost all my respect (not that you care).

I guess for future purchases by any okshooters members, there should be a requirement for 1,000 posts of meaningless discussion.

ENC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reddog i do believe you did what you thought was right and that is truly what matters. However I would point out that I read and learn more here than i contribute to discussion and because of this i probably have a high percentage of my posts limited to the classifieds. But i have never "flipped" a gun. The guns i sell are ones i have had for a long while and are tired of or just dont shoot. I certainly hope you or any other members here dont consider me a flipper simply because my tastes have changed or otherwise need some extra cash.

Thanks
Evan

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reddog i do believe you did what you thought was right and that is truly what matters. However I would point out that I read and learn more here than i contribute to discussion and because of this i probably have a high percentage of my posts limited to the classifieds. But i have never "flipped" a gun. The guns i sell are ones i have had for a long while and are tired of or just dont shoot. I certainly hope you or any other members here dont consider me a flipper simply because my tastes have changed or otherwise need some extra cash.
Thanks
Evan

I do not consider you a flipper.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Thanks
Evan

Flippers are easy to spot, plus anyone named Evan is clearly good people.

But I may be biased.

-Evan

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like to take the infamous reddog to the famous Red Dog Cafe. I'll buy the beer! You'll be responsible for tipping the ladies of your choice....what the heck, I'll buy you a dance. Hit me up if you are ever in OKC.

You posts usually crack me up.... Rooster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom