Right or Wrong: FFL and OSA members opinions needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Right or Wrong?

• Right

Votes: 167 91.8%
  • Wrong

Votes: 15 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ActionJaxn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My opinion, if ANYONE is going to be the one making killer profit on a firearm, it should probably be the guy that sells the, for a living. I wonder how many firearms Patrick has sold at less than 5% profit over the years just trying to get his business going? The fact that he was just trying to give someone a good deal on a gun and that person was going to flip it? Screw em. I still believe that buying firearms from a dealer with the express intent of flipping them for profit is a violation of firearms laws. If Patrick doesn't feel right about it, he ain't gotta do it... Period. I'm sure he doesnt need any possible BS with the .gov over sales.

Okay, this is getting out of hand. Screw me for wanting to purchase the rifle to keep it? Show me the proof that I am a constant okshooter flipper. Show me that I constantly buy stuff off the boards and repost within a short time. Show me the proof that I am getting rich off of flipping firearms. I would like to see all those imaginary dollars.

SuperDave, you should know better than most what a stripped lower is going for at your gun shows. If the only item I ever priced high according to today's AR economy was the complete lower (which I wasn't expecting to get for it anyways), how the hell does that make me a flipper?

This whole discussion has centered around my character about flipping a legally purchased firearm requiring a background check, which there are no problems here as a CCL holder. This whole red1 purchase has been a freaking witchhunt with people giving allegiance to red1 so he will continue to sell to them ("please don't call me a flipper", ridonkulous). Moderators, I see this as being a direct attack on my character with little to no proof of what is being claimed.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Out of being stuck between a rock and a hard place, I have sold the rifle to a local fellow dealer.

I regret that the original intent was not achieved.

If you've got anything else hanging around, I'd like to know.

I was waiting until year end bonus time to buy my first AR. I don't want just anything, but I'd like to visit with someone before I jump, as I really don't know what pieces I want, but I know what I want them to do, but I know next to nothing about AR's. You can look back thru some of my posts and see where I've said as much before.

I was gonna go by Nighthawk's in a few weeks when things calm down, but I'll talk to anyone that's got time to visit.

As I said earlier in this thread, I think what you did is FANTASTIC. I've had about all I want of "flippers".

TheLlama

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd give you a standing ovation if I could.

If individuals would stop buying up all the rifles at retail and flipping them, things would get back to normal.

Here's what I'm doing; If I don't NEED it, I'm not buying it. Period. If folks would stop buying things they don't NEED, the silliness would end.

This. I think you done right... Alot of folks would be happy to pay MSRP for a rifle right now. Including me. But people like this dude are gonna keep that from happening for the forseeable future

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, this is getting out of hand. Screw me for wanting to purchase the rifle to keep it? Show me the proof that I am a constant okshooter flipper. Show me that I constantly buy stuff off the boards and repost within a short time. Show me the proof that I am getting rich off of flipping firearms. I would like to see all those imaginary dollars.

SuperDave, you should know better than most what a stripped lower is going for at your gun shows. If the only item I ever priced high according to today's AR economy was the complete lower (which I wasn't expecting to get for it anyways), how the hell does that make me a flipper?

This whole discussion has centered around my character about flipping a legally purchased firearm requiring a background check, which there are no problems here as a CCL holder. This whole red1 purchase has been a freaking witchhunt with people giving allegiance to red1 so he will continue to sell to them ("please don't call me a flipper", ridonkulous). Moderators, I see this as being a direct attack on my character with little to no proof of what is being claimed.

First off, I'm shooterdave, not super Dave. Pay attention if your gonna rant... Details matter just like my second point: I said you were gonna flip it, not keep it. If you wanna whine and complain, at least read the post and understand what your griping about..

FWIW, I didn't attack YOU. I didnt even know who the hell you were until you last post. i said that he should NOT sell to a guy whose classifieds show a history of buying and relisting at a higher price..especially new from a dealer. I believe it is a violation of 4473 questions.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First, I never said it was "wrong" to change your mind and blackout of a deal, that's your cross to bear.

But now that you admit YOU think it is wrong to do so, and admit doing it, your post seems hypocritical.

Or is it that he chapped a gouger, and you wanted him to feel bad for enacting "internet justice"?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure what kind of moral code you subscribe to, but I do not agree with you that a person cannot hold a principle if he has ever once violated it. :rolleyes2

BTW, I hear the Pharisees are recruiting.

Did you have to take a really long hot shower?

It does not surprise me in the slightest when people in our society see things like honor and keeping one's word as a joke.

ActionJaxn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First off, I'm shooterdave, not super Dave. Pay attention if your gonna rant... Details matter just like my second point: I said you were gonna flip it, not keep it. If you wanna whine and complain, at least read the post and understand what your griping about..

FWIW, I didn't attack YOU. I didnt even know who the hell you were until you last post. i said that he should NOT sell to a guy whose classifieds show a history of buying and relisting at a higher price..especially new from a dealer. I believe it is a violation of 4473 questions.

You are correct, you are shooterdave, my mistake. Now about your whining and complaining, I was referring to this message, "The fact that he was just trying to give someone a good deal on a gun and that person was going to flip it? Screw em.". Read my reply again as I was referring to my plan of purchasing with the intent of keeping it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom