Rimfire shot shells

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveTec

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
.22mag shotshell is the stuff! That does a nice job on snakes. I've got some .357 mag shot shells that are pretty awesome as well. Also 9mm shot shells out of my little over under derringer are pretty cool.

I haven't seen crimp type in ages tho.

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thanks much, I truly appreciate the replys. If anyone is interested,or cares Academy, at least the one at walker & 240 carried both the cci capsules and federal crimped. the feds were in boxes of 50 and quite a lot cheaper. The last time I was there was about a year and 1/2 ago so I dont know if this is still true.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
pigeon killer, out of a single six. didnt use the long rile as fear of shooting a hole in the roof. Wood boring bees, disinagates them instantly.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
pigeon killer, out of a single six. didnt use the long rile as fear of shooting a hole in the roof. Wood boring bees, disinagates them instantly.

This is what I call redneck trap shooting:D We have the wood bees around the barn digging into the soffett. I have an old pump hex barrel .22 rifle that I put the CCI shot rimfire shot shells into and try to pick them off. Have taken them out to 10 feet, but it was a lucky pellet. The pattern is pretty big at that range.
Used to shoot dragon flys at the pond years ago until finding out they eat skeeters as a main diet.
I have some for my .22 .38, .44, and .45ACP.
Bought some of the empty shot cups from Speer for the .44 a couple of years ago, but haven't gotten around to loading any.
I will say the .45 acp shotshell from CCI patterns the best.

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You all are doing much better than I am. A couple years ago I tried to shoot a deadly poisonous garden snake with a 22 revolver & cci capsules. I don't think I even got his attention. (range about 6 feet) I probably missed him all 6 times, emptied the sucker at him,and finally beheaded him,(or her) with a hoe. Have reloaded and used 38/357 shot caps and they are a different story. Will blow the heck out of a soft aluminum can at close range.

Latest posts

Top Bottom