Riots Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where you got more people, you got more of everything. You hardly ever have a riot in Fargo, North Dakota. If you wanted to have a riot in Ignorant Bend, you'd have to tell the old Baptist women two days in advance so they could all bring a hot dish.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Better question: What are everyone's favorite riots?

I'm partial to the 1965 Rockaway Beach Riot in Rockaway Beach, Mo. Over 800 kids arrested, National Guard called in, etc. I always stop by when I'm in the area. I don't think there's been 800 people there since the riot was over. The theme chant of the riot? "WE WANT BOOZE!"

Sunset Strip Curfew Riots got a lot of play, for what it's worth. Waka Waka

Hard Had Riots create quite the conundrum for OSA members. Hippies vs. Union Thugs. Who to root for?

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rockaway Beach circa 2012

evanr.smugmug.com_Other_Minolta_Hi_Matic_7SII_i_3R25rpQ_0_L_26510022_L.jpg

Some old timers say...if you listen close...you can still hear their anguished cries for booze...

(ellipsis)

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My thinking is there are several large cities on the east coast, that have very similar issues as some large cities in california.

NYC, Philly, DC all share similarities with LA. From high taxes, high cost of living, crime, gangs, restrictive gun laws ect.
I know other large cities have had riots in past, just seems like CA has them with more regularity.

Latest posts

Top Bottom