Road rage gone wrong . . . the Honda vs Ford truck video

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys are really arguing over these idiots. Geez, must have been a slow Friday night.
Not really arguing per se. I'd say the disagreement comes over the trucks actions. What he did was illegal and if he can be identified from the video, it remains to be seen if he's charged too.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess it depends on one's definition of "break checking." It is one thing to actually slam on the brakes in front of a tailgater, but it is entirely another matter if one maintains their normal speed and just taps the brake pedal to activate the brake lights in an effort to get a tailgater to back off.

I didn't watch it very closely, but I think the guy in the pickup in the video did the latter option. I don't recall seeing his vehicle drop back very much from the car that was at his side when his brake lights came on.

And, if that is what he actually did, he didn't do anything illegal.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess it depends on one's definition of "break checking." It is one thing to actually slam on the brakes in front of a tailgater, but it is entirely another matter if one maintains their normal speed and just taps the brake pedal to activate the brake lights in an effort to get a tailgater to back off.

I didn't watch it very closely, but I think the guy in the pickup in the video did the latter option. I don't recall seeing his vehicle drop back very much from the car that was at his side when his brake lights came on.

And, if that is what he actually did, he didn't do anything illegal.
Please watch it again . . . he didn't just tap the brakes on his truck . . . not sure how anyone could watch the entire video and think that's all the truck did.

Pretty clear slamming on the brakes within the first 5-6 seconds of the video . . . front end drops significantly and the rear jumps up quite a bit due to it.

brakecheck1.png

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of citizen lawmen should quit arguing on here and go drive some freeways and witness and incident live. Then you can be justice warrior on the witness stand.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
^^^^Well, the Honda wasn't directly behind the pickup at that point, but you do have something of a point. Maybe the truck driver was just trying to keep the Honda in the other lane instead of directly behind him?
Oh come on . . . that was a classic brake check all the way around.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I guess you are the expert on brake checking.

As for me, I've nearly 62 years of licensed driving, a lot of that as a professional driver, and I've not done much brake checking.
Oh good grief . . . that's the point. It doesn't take an expert to see what's on that video and what that truck did. Unless you're choosing to be obtuse about the entire situation. Especially with 62 years of licensed driving under your belt . . . someone with 6 months of driving could see what happened.

Latest posts

Top Bottom