Robert B. Parker and Jesse Stone live on...sorta.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just discovered that there will be at least one more (maybe many more) Jesse Stone novel. :woohoo1:

aecx.images_amazon.com_images_I_51y_gwgxzgL._SS500_.jpg

Michael Brandman, who was a co-writer for the Jesse Stone movies that have all aired on CBS about once a year, has decided to pick up the torch and continue with RBP's Jesse Stone series of novels.

Michael Brandman was also the executive producer of Last Stand At Saber River, Crossfire Trail and Monte Walsh. Three of Tom Selleck's best westerns, and some of my very favorite westerns, period.

I've never read anything by Mr. Brandman, but critics say he's perfect for filling the void left behind by Bob Parker's passing last year.

We'll see! :naughty:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I just finished reading Killing The Blues and I gotta say that Mr. Brandman really and truly has a similar writing skill as the late RBP. You can see more of the Jesse Stone movies in his writings, but I truly believe in my heart that Mr. Parker would be pleased with Michael's work.

Killing The Blues flowed like all of RBP's novels did. I'd even venture to say that it's a tough call to find much difference betwixt Robert B. Parker and Michael Brandman's writing style. It was an easy read with lots of conversational dialogue along with the witty sarcasm and awesome banter that Bob Parker was famous for. I honestly hope that Michael Brandman receives Joan, David and Daniel's blessings and takes the Jesse Stone series and runs with it for many, many more years to come.

Thanks for giving the extremely picky (read: lazy) reader such as I, something to enjoy and believe in. Great job! :clap3:

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking of 'picky readers'; I'm still working on finishing up this one that I started in first grade: (the character development is a bit weird)

www.harpercollinschildrens.com_harperchildrensImages_isbn_large_9_9780060256739.jpg

BuddyL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMHO, I read it last week and thought that Mr.Brandman did an excellent job with the book. In fact it was better than the last Jesse Stone book that Mr.Parker wrote. That one he seemed to just phone it in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom