Ron Paul Is Secretly Taking Over The GOP — And It's Driving People Insane

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So what about those "middle class taxpayers" that get a tax return greater than their amount paid, by using all of the tax credits, deductions, and exemptions? Are they not also exploiting rules and loopholes?

Profiting from the tax system certainly isn't "paying your fair share", either.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sure we do: a "slowing in increase" is still an increase.

Ask someone from El Paso if they still see people hiking through the desert.

Did you miss the parts where it's believe the population receded; as in, the migrants went back to Mexico?

For the first time in at least two decades, the population of illegal immigrants from Mexico living in this country significantly decreased, according to the report. In 2011, about 6.1 million Mexicans were living here illegally, down from a peak of nearly 7 million in 2007, it said.

Oh, and some 42% of illegal immigrants from places other than Mexico. They may or may not come across that border, but they aren't Mexican. I was surprised to learn that myself.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope - saw the "receded" part, but whether more are returning than coming over would be the key element.

Our Southern border is a gateway for anybody and everybody - not just Mexicans.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hell, I'd be happy if they just paid nothing. Right now, people receive more money in taxes than they pay in. I'm not just talking welfare programs. I'm talking the refund on their 1040 return. It blows my mind that sometimes the return is even more than the taxes paid in.

I'm not often one to judge "poor" people and tell them how to conduct themselves, but I'm confident in saying giving lower income people a giant hunk of cash (on a refund anticipation loan most surely) does not responsibly better them.

I mean, my Brother in Law gets back more than he pays in due to EIC. He still doesn't understand why I would tell him to set his withholding to zero (as he has no tax liability, he can have zero withheld). Rather than get 250 bucks more each month and still get a 3000 "refund," he would rather have smaller checks and 6,000 lump sum. He like the "big check" as he calls it.

He is giving the gov a free loan, it doesn't hurt you in the end. Just sayin'

Latest posts

Top Bottom