Rubio or Cruz?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, and you ignored the sentence that followed that, "The title of Senior Lecturer is distinct from the title of Lecturer, which signifies adjunct status."
Too bad you didn't read what I wrote:
"So, he was what most schools call an adjunct. Thanks for confirming that."
I didn't ignore what they said, it just wasn't relevant to what I wrote.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Senior Lecturer and Adjunct are two very different ranks/positions.
If you have a Senior Lecturer position, yes. I haven't done an exhaustive search, so perhaps I shouldn't have said "most," but the law schools at OU, OCU, Tulsa, and Texas A&M don't have a lecturer or senior lecturer position, and would call his equivalent position an adjunct.

Either way, he was only a "part-time teacher," as S4F posted.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have a Senior Lecturer position, yes. I haven't done an exhaustive search, so perhaps I shouldn't have said "most," but the law schools at OU, OCU, Tulsa, and Texas A&M don't have a lecturer or senior lecturer position, and would call his equivalent position an adjunct.

Either way, he was only a "part-time teacher," as S4F posted.
No, they wouldn't call any Senior Lecturer an Adjunct, regardless of whether they do/don't have that rank at their own university. Some Senior Lecturers are full-time, and some are part-time, but that has no bearing on their rank. Many of the best professors/teachers/lecturers/etc. are part-time by choice because they are involved with other important things, and the fact that they remain part-time doesn't have any bearing on anything. It, literally, doesn't matter in the context of academia. So, what is the point?

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
38% of Florida voters think Cruz could be the Zodiac Killer http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2016/02...ruz-could-be-the-Zodiac-Killer/4771456519542/
Poll-38-of-Florida-voters-believe-Ted-Cruz-could-be-the-Zodiac-Killer.jpg

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was torn until Cruz cast his lot with the FBI against Apple. Then I realized that he really didn't care about the 4th as much as he claimed. In my book, that makes him the same as Rubio with respect to the 4th. Given that I like Rubio's approach to immigration better, he gets my support until he drops out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom