For me I just thought the Grendel was a cool little cartridge I always wanted to try so I bought it. If common sense had prevailed I would have bought a 308 & actually started out shopping for the 308 but bud's had the Grendel in stock for $460 which is fair in this market & they didn't have a 308 in stock that day.I see most of the responses have a 6.5. If I am not shooting out past 150, is there a reason to take a chance on ammo supply for that caliber, i.e is it really that much better than 308?
Not trying to start a big debate, just looking for real benefits in the woods…something you won’t read in a technical review.
I'm getting old & wimpy so light recoiling rifles are what I like, this one will be used 95% on coyotes and the other 5% during deer season. The only real regret is in ammo I see 308 & 6.5 creed everywhere but the grendel is a little tougher to find.