Ruger LCR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I'm with skyydiver on this. I like the gun from what I've heard, just not worth it to me. Another thing to consider, is from what I've read is that standard Jframe speedloaders won't work with the LCR.

I'm on the other side of the fence. For the same price, give me the proven J-frame airweight. Just right size and weight for my pocket, and proven quality. I'd gladly go with the cheaper-to-build plastic and cast Ruger for 250-300, as their quality is usually good, but I won't pay more for newer technology that is the solution for which I have no problem. I hope they drop the price some, then I'll get excited.

helmethead

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
im lookin for a good speedloader for my wife's lcr. i guess the only thing to use on a LCR are the speedstrips. anyone have experience speedloading with lcr?

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Do you have any J frame speedloaders?

I was thinking after posting earlier... While they "technically" don't fit, you might try them. I have used smaller K frame speedloaders with the larger GP cylinder. Not a perfect fit, but still better than fumbling around with loose rounds. My understanding is the LCR cylinder is smaller than the J frame cylinder.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had mine now for several months. I have owned many J frame airweights over the years, the majority of which had horrible triggers compared to the LCR. I really like this little ugly (compared to a 442) revolver. I'm up to around 750 rounds thru mine and I shoot it better than I ever did a J frame. Cost is comparable, Smith is better looking, but I'll never replace this LCR with another J frame. Carries easy and shoots better (for me)

p.s. I use Speed strips and did so with a J frame as well. Just didn't like the little speedloaders.

lockoutmonkey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about the Charter Arms .38. I have this in what is called the Off Duty. It is hammerless and composite. It is light. Their site says 12 ounces unloaded. The trigger pull is heavy and it points and shoots really straight. The speedloaders work in it too. It was only 369.00. Made in U.S.A.
It also fits the nemisis and the superfly pocket holsters from Desantis.
I just got myself one(superfly)for x-mas and I can't wait to take it to the range and practice. I have already practiced the draw at home and it is pretty easy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom