Ruger MkII 22/45 won't fire?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdmoparguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Ruger MkII 22/45 that won't fire. When you pull the slide back it sticks without the slide stop and won't even try to close on it's own, also it doesn't cocktail the hammer. It's also hard to get the hinge on the grip to come out to take it apart. I've never messed with any Ruger pistols before so I don't really know what I'm looking at. Anybody got any ideas what might be wrong with it?

tdmoparguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No I'm not sure if it's assembled correctly I traded for it a while back and pulled it out to shoot is and it wouldn't shoot, so I looked up how to take it apart and that's when I noticed it wouldn't disassemble.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Remember you have to turn the gun upside down.

I have to on the Mark III. Its been awhile since owning the mark II, so not sure if you have to on that model.

They do get really dirty and gummy. If your shooting in cold weather, a really lite weight lube is necessary.

Check out a couple of other video's and make sure your getting it right. I'm betting its the re-assembly that is the issue.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Improper reassembly is a good possibility...make sure hammer is in the correct position as explained HERE. If you think it's assembled correctly, and still not working, take it to somebody who knows the pistol to check it out. There are a few small parts/springs that could be broken. Complete disassemble/reassembly is tedious, so don't attempt it unless you're fairly experienced with such tasks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom