Ruger with red dot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For the life of me I can't find the thread, or maybe it was on another forum, but they recomended the Kydex holster to use with a Ruger and any kind of sight on it. Looked at the web site, and ordered one, and am really satisfied. Its a great fit for 99.9%. I fall into the .1%

The only thing needed, and its not the holsters fault, is that I need to make a 1/2" cut in the top of the plastic to accomidate the scope base. No biggy, just a small modification. My scope base is the culprit.
No I can't shorten the scope base. Its mounted with the red dot as far out as it can go.

W150

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is this the holster you ordered?

http://blackdogmachinellc.net/holster-for-the-ruger-mark-series.aspx

If so, did you get the recommended scope base or did you use the factory base. I am looking at ordering the same holster but did not want to have to buy another base. Also, what is your barrel length (cant believe I am asking that to another guy).

If you don't mind removing the rear sight the factory base can be reversed. You can only use the 2 outside mounting screws then.
Or you can dremel factory base or order one of the shorter bases.
It will depend some on what you are mounting and minimum distance between the rings.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you don't mind removing the rear sight the factory base can be reversed. You can only use the 2 outside mounting screws then.
Or you can dremel factory base or order one of the shorter bases.
It will depend some on what you are mounting and minimum distance between the rings.

I didn't want to remove the rear sight, so I used a 32 tooth hacksaw blade in my hand, and made a 1/2" cut. Smoothed it down with a file, and took a small pencil torch to the cut, and it put the gloss back to the material. Looks ok and the trigger is hidden now. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom