S&W 686 plus or Colt Python

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
20220608_135246.jpg

SNAKE PLISSKEN

"The name is Plissken"
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look people. The 686 is said to be the poor man's Python. Well, the 686 is just a pistol, nothing more. The Python on the other hand is the greatest handgun ever made. No other handgun can make you better looking, smarter, and even richer just by possessing one. Python owners are just better people. Just look at Starsky and Hutch, who is your favorite? Hutch right? Because he carried a Python. What about Rick Grimes in the Walking Dead, he's the best actor because he carries a Python. If you get shot by a Python it's called getting snake bit. How cool is that! And another thing, it don't matter what barrel length your Python is, it's always the prettiest gun in the room. If you pull out your Python and lay it on the table, it doesn't matter if it has an 8 inch, 4 inch or even a 2 inch. People are going to want to look at and even hold it. Not so with the 686. So the answer my friend is definitely the 686. Owning the Python comes with great responsibility, people expect more from you, even want to be like you. Not everyone can own a Python, but anyone can own a 686, just sayin.

Last edited:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an older Python in mint condition and a 686. Guess which one gets shot.

I will have a new python also at some point because with the exception of the rear sight, they are a significant improvement on the older ones. I won't worry about shooting it out of time with full house loads. They are just all around better guns.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look people. The 686 is said to be the poor man's Python. Well, the 686 is just a pistol, nothing more. The Python on the other hand is the greatest handgun ever made. No other handgun can make you better looking, smarter, and even richer just by possessing one. Python owners are just better people. Just look at Starsky and Hutch, who is your favorite? Hutch right? Because he carried a Python. What about Rick Grimes in the Walking Dead, he's the best actor because he carries a Python. If you get shot by a Python it's called getting snake bit. How cool is that! And another thing, it don't matter what barrel length your Python is, it's always the prettiest gun in the room. If you pull out your Python and lay it on the table, it doesn't matter if it an 8 inch, 4 inch or even a 2 inch. People are going to want to look at and even hold it. Not so with the 686. So the answer my friend is definitely the 686. Owning the Python comes with great responsibility, people expect more from you, even want to be like you. Not everyone can own a Python, but anyone can own a 686, just sayin.
You just made me tingly all over...

Latest posts

Top Bottom