S&W Model 41

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one manufactured in 77 or 78 that my father gave to me as a kid. He was an accomplished bullseye shooter and i don't know if this was one of his competition guns or just one he came up with, but it has seen untold thousands of rounds over the years from me alone.

These were competition guns, not really plinkers. The 46 was a cheaper model, but similar. They like high quality, standard velocity stuff. I don't have any problems shooting CCI Standard out of mine, and when I had to send it in to S&W they used CCI Standard to test the firearm, even though I did not tell them which ammo I was using. Some of the high velocity stuff may beat on the gun a bit, and it may have tolerances too tight for cheap bulk stuff.

The are extremely ergonomic, even if they are rather large. They also have one of the smart disassembly design. Classic gun, you can't really go wrong with one.
Clarks Customs said to ONLY shoot standard velocity ammo and to put a drop of oil on the 1st round in the mag.

Latest posts

Top Bottom