S&W model 65

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carried this the other day in a Baker Pancake holster.

Good carry gun.

i210.photobucket.com_albums_bb144_p51mustang36_sw65ss.jpg

I just put a new Tyler on it.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was a vendor at the last Wannenmacher show that had a table full of police trade-in Model 65's for only $230. Kind of kicking myself for not grabbing one.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Were they full hammer or bobbed hammer?
My 65 is a DAO. I had a gunsmith remove the single-action notch from the trigger. I left the spur on the hammer for aesthetic reasons. I happen to think that bobbed-hammers on wheelguns look strange.

Last edited:

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 65 is a DAO. I had a gunsmith remove the single-action notch from the trigger. I left the spur on the hammer or aesthetic reasons. I happen to think that bobbed-hammers on wheelguns look strange.

I agree with you, I prefer the aesthetics of the full hammer but recognize there may be a functional reason to modify a revolver to be DAO. I asked because the bobbed hammer models tend to go for lower than the unaltered hammer models and $230.00 is very good price for a model 65.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
There was a vendor at the last Wannenmacher show that had a table full of police trade-in Model 65's for only $230. Kind of kicking myself for not grabbing one.
Welp, guess I missed that table!
The old baker pancakes are great holsters. I have a commander size 1911 holster that fits my hip like a glove

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welp, guess I missed that table!
The old baker pancakes are great holsters. I have a commander size 1911 holster that fits my hip like a glove

They were pretty rough and all had Pachmayr or Uncle Mike's grips installed. Still not a bad price...likely would have cleaned up well considering they're stainless. With a little Flitz and elbow grease, new springs, and grips and they'd be ready to go. I'd honestly prefer the DAO only version though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom