S&W Model 66

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I do have an older one, but I'll also go along with getting an older model! Besides for those interested All Pawn here in McAlester has about 30 some odd older model 66's with 4" barrels. They run from "no-dash" up to "dash-4". Asking price is $400.00, and yes I did purchase a "dash-4" model just the other day. My understanding is these are the last revolvers owned by the state prison here. Probably some of the last police trade-in's out there. I looked through most, and besides being dirty you could tell by the ring in the cylinders that these had been shot with .38's.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Dang it, looks like a run to mcalester!
Sorry for the hijack YG but don't buy any gun with a hole in it.
If you ever want to sell or trade, even a dealer would like you
To offer him a hole-less gun.
Also 'the plug' only puts a bandaid on a scar.

Last edited:

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the new models have some advantages over the old ones, especially if one plans to shoot it regularly...disadvantages too, but I can live with those, or fix them! Also, I prefer the shorter barrel.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do have an older one, but I'll also go along with getting an older model! Besides for those interested All Pawn here in McAlester has about 30 some odd older model 66's with 4" barrels. They run from "no-dash" up to "dash-4". Asking price is $400.00, and yes I did purchase a "dash-4" model just the other day. My understanding is these are the last revolvers owned by the state prison here. Probably some of the last police trade-in's out there. I looked through most, and besides being dirty you could tell by the ring in the cylinders that these had been shot with .38's.

Do these have the DOC/OSP logo on them?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
This ought a temp you YG!
IMG_0106.JPG
IMG_0105.JPG

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the new models have some advantages over the old ones, especially if one plans to shoot it regularly...disadvantages too, but I can live with those, or fix them! Also, I prefer the shorter barrel.
I'm with you on this one, the new ones have the 2-piece barrel, are stronger, and scary accurate. I could care less about trading and collecting, just shooting. I've been trying to get my hands on a sample of the 2 3/4" barrel, but apparently LOTS of folks are interested--can't find one.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm with you on this one, the new ones have the 2-piece barrel, are stronger, and scary accurate. I could care less about trading and collecting, just shooting. I've been trying to get my hands on a sample of the 2 3/4" barrel, but apparently LOTS of folks are interested--can't find one.
Agreed! Yeah, none in stock anywhere I can find.

Latest posts

Top Bottom