S&W questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry I missed that it was Tula an not the Blaser I mentioned, and it being steel casings. Still kinda scary, and I'd keep a close eye on her. As to .357 Magnum J-frames, I don't care for those at all, and feel even with the steel framed J's its just to much of a "good" thing. 38 Special is more than enough in those!

Well after less than 150 rounds of magnums, I concluded that they are impractical in a J-frame. I mean, really. But I don't want to rain on anyone else's party, and if they want to run magnums through their J-frames, well - it's their hands, lol!

But back to the Tulammo, I got rid of it more than a year ago. I run cheap practice ammo through it - which is what led to Tul. My empties extract just fine. But with Tul I had real problems getting them out. The first thing I thought was oversized chambers, but when I shot white box, it didn't happen. When I shot magnums, it didn't happen. When I ordered Fiocchi it didn't happen, or with American Eagle, UMC or any of the others. But they are all brass. I don't know what Tulammo is - if it is steel, or an alloy composed of steel and other metals.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One recent acquisition was not based on thoughtful speculations, but rather, impulsiveness. Which leads me to the only striker fired pistol that I have. The S&W M&P 45 Full Size. I got it in a knee jerk reaction when I saw the Police trade-in for about $300 on Buds. This is the actual add that I ordered it from.

i.imgur.com_o60opkL.png

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This M&P flat out gets after it! We all know that I am not a good shooter. Every time I read an evaluation of a handgun, I see without fail that the writer shot a 2" or a sub 2" group from 25 yards. Maybe he got a one inch group with a surprise ammunition, from 25 yards. Well that won't ever happen with me. But this group I shot from 25 yards is for me - real good.
And in fact it is the best I have ever shot in my whole life. From a 45, of all things. I used some of these pics in my other thread, so please tolerate the redundancy.

i.imgur.com_4fAQbgJ.jpg

i.imgur.com_QjNwiEB.jpg

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yep, got my '6' guns mixed up.

What led down this road inadvertently was the question I had pertaining to the 64; was it an M&P? The two other Smith and Wessons I have are featured here, and are M&Ps. But oddly, and I may never get to the bottom of this - the 64 is not an M&P. It's twin, the Model 10 used to be, but was redesignated in the late 1950s. Hickock45 says it happened in 1957, but Cirillo said 1959.

Edit: I drifted wayyyyy off track, I guess. My bad, lol!

Last edited:

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to say, dibleak, that it is an outstanding answer. But S&W sent a totally different answer.

i.imgur.com_zr4BaOr.png
That's odd because my owner's manual called my Model 65 a 357 M&P Stainless. I suppose that it could be argued that the 64 is not part of the current M&P lineup, but it sure used to be.

Latest posts

Top Bottom