Samsung Galaxy Note II....tips and tricks??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife bought me a Samsung Galaxy Note II...phone/computer/whatever this afternoon. As most of you realize...I'm a little on the "technology" challanged side.

This thing is the size(or it feels like it) of a freakin' football. So, back to the point of this post....if I'm not in the mood to read the direction book, is there any tips or tricks I need to know or start with??

I've been watching a youtube guy called Android Authority. Any place else to watch videos or know how on what I need to know. I love my wife, really I do.....but I'm in the late 1980's/early 1990's mindset on fancy phones, tablets, apple products, doo-hickey, thing-a-ma-bobs. If it makes a call, receives a call, and will text...I'm good to go.

Any other websites on the Samsung Galaxy Note II or suggestions, apps, whatevers you've put or done to your's??

Thanks.

Technology challanged Cohiba

MFCEO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You really just need to use it, a lot to get accustomed to it..

I have every tech gadget there is, but my personal phone is an original Razr. lol

dhish

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got mine three weeks ago, and yes it's huge....but it is easier to read the screen, my eyes aren't getting any younger. There is one widget I found that has helped keep my screen clutter down, and it works great with the larger screen, called Circle Launcher. You go from a bunch of apps on the screen to just one icon. It is very customizable, has a light (free) version and a pay, $1, version. Also, due to it's size it can be a pain to carry, so I bought a case/holster combo from amazon called Seidio active, $44. Works great, adds very little bulk to the phone, is nice and grippy...and bonus, it has a kickstand in the back. The clip that secures the phone in the holster is a spring load catch, better in my opinion than the standard molded plastic you see on otter boxes. Enjoy your new football.

Richmc

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want to take care of clutter just make folders. There are about 40 apps that I use on a regular basis and they are all in 7 folders on my screen. Example =Video folder has the built in video player, HBO Go, MAX GO, Netflix etc. Just pick an icon and long press it and you will see make folder at the top. Drag the icon to it and then it will ask you to name the folder. Once you do that, just drag icons in the same catagory to that folder. Helps keep you screen neat and organized. Which carrier are you on? The link gullzway posted is a good one but it is for the ATT version. Though the carrier versions are basically the same, only ATT owners will post in that section. I am on Sprint and I browse them all since you never know who is going to post something interesting. I have rooted mine running custom rom and even changed some of the sounds. When removing my s-pen you hear a lightsaber turn on and hear it shut down when you put it back in.

XDA Sprint forum = http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1891
XDA Tmobile forum = http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1877
XDA Verizon forum = http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1884

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hope it turns out better for ya than the Galaxy S2. They are notorious for having issues with making/receiving phone calls. A guy at work got one and it just seems too big for me, the thing is the size of a brick! A slice of a brick, but still...

Richmc

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought my N2 the day of release in Oct and with the exception of this past Friday when Sprint had a tower in my area go down, I have not had one problem with making/receiving calls. As for the size, you get use to it pretty quick. Now even an S3 seems tiny.

gullzway

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hope it turns out better for ya than the Galaxy S2. They are notorious for having issues with making/receiving phone calls.

I've had my Sprint Galaxy S2 for just over a year and have never had any problems with it. It works so well I'm not looking to upgrade it any time soon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom