Samsung Galaxy Tab?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a pretty good article explaining why you should probably stay away from some of the early, non-iPad, tablets.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2379345,00.asp

That article is a hackjob. "Not sure if the OS will be upgradable"? WTF? All android devices have the ability for the OS to be upgraded OTA. Who cares if they came out a little too soon, before the "right" version of the OS came out. At least when that version does come out, BAM its on the tablet. And at least android tablet users wont have to wait like apple users. Tell me,... how many updates/upgrades have occured to iOS on the iPad since release?

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All of you guys bashing Apple products just go ahead and turn in all your Glock pistols. Glocks haven't been, weren't and aren't leading edge. They are behind the curve. There are multiple companies with multiple releases since that are superior alternatives and at higher frequency. Glock sales are based on what other lemmings do. Plain and simple.

Apple products (except for their POS airport express) are a lot like Glocks. Simple and they work. There are newer and "superior" products on the market. Yet no one is on here bashing Glocks.
I've got a good buddy who is a tech hardware junkie. He keeps trying to explain to me why his phone is better than mine yet he always keeps buying a different one every 6 months because of some issue with his current one. And half the time his isn't working because he's "upgraded" to some new firmware which it turns out doesn't work very well at all. To top it off he's always trying to prove his phone is better by certain features but everytime he tries to show it off, it won't work. I'm sure on paper his phone will blow away my iPhone 4. But in the real world, in actually using it, I'd take mine every time. I'll continue enjoying life while he's stuck somewhere on his computer trying to install some firmware or app to get his phone up to speed with my crappy iPhone.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All of you guys bashing Apple products just go ahead and turn in all your Glock pistols. Glocks haven't been, weren't and aren't leading edge. They are behind the curve. There are multiple companies with multiple releases since that are superior alternatives and at higher frequency. Glock sales are based on what other lemmings do. Plain and simple.

LOL nice try. But you fail to see how many screw ups apple has in their product designs (release first, refine later). Glock is so simple, theres nothing else to add.

So,... nice try, but I am kinda of laughing at you like I would laugh at a 2 legged dog trying to scratch his rump.

AFWIW,... Im not bashing apple. I am only speaking what is the truth. If that hurts your feelings because you overpaid to be locked down... sorry.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, you're right Whitey. Glock has never had any screw ups. They've never recalled anything. They've never released then refined later. In fact, the only company in the history of the world to have screw ups or refine their products is Apple.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, you're right Whitey. Glock has never had any screw ups. They've never recalled anything. They've never released then refined later. In fact, the only company in the history of the world to have screw ups or refine their products is Apple.

Hey dont get all butt hurt because you buy things based on lemming impulse.

Here, let me rephrase my why your comparisson is lame: I own HKs, Glocks, S&W wheel guns, Springfield (both 1911 and a XD), Walther, Colt, Uberti, Sig handguns... I dont buy glocks exclusively, nor do I find them superior to any other gun.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not butt hurt. Just pointing out the flaw in your logic. Maybe you're projecting. I own lots of guns, all for different purposes. I only need one phone and one computer though, so I'll continue to buy what suits my needs the best and what is the easiest to use and most reliable.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do I need to get my tape measure for you guys? Who cares. It's our money and we will spend it how we like. If you like Macs, buy a Mac. If you don't, buy something else. None of them are better than the others if it's what you want. It's all personal preference.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I bought my wife a G-Pad g10 (Android) for Christmas for $135 (pandawill.com), Im not saying its superior or even equal quality of the Samsung Galaxy, but...

My wife has used the crap out of it and so far she loves it. ( Of course she has no experience with other tabs to compare).

The battery life goes after a 1-3 hrs of use, 5 hrs dormant. She has not complained about glitches or lags.

For the money, its well worth it. so far :D

•7″ TFT LCD touch screen, 800×480 px
•14mm, ultra slim and stylish design
•Telechips 8902 800Mhz ARM 11 processor
•256MB DDR2 RAM
•Built in 2GB, TF/Micro SD card extended up to 32GB
•Multi-Touch, Gravity Sensor
•Built-1080P HD HDMI video output interface
•0.3 Mega Camera
•Size: 191 x 119 x 14mm
•Product weight: 326g
•Built-in 2600MAh battery for super-long standby, in-use time about 4 to 5 hrs

heres a review I found:

http://www.alltouchtablet.com/touchscreen-tablet-news/gpad-g10-is-another-cheap-android-tablet-4370/

Latest posts

Top Bottom