Sand plums

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been scouting around for awhile tagging sand plums around my area but always seem to get beat out by the critters and other people until now...
Took a walk back to an area of the homestead I was thinking of brush hogging, and I find I've got about a half acre of sand plums. Cant believe I missed these before, I walked it before many times since we moved in. Guess they just weren't producing.

Their kinda small but should be plenty for a batch of jelly when their ready. Im drooling already!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked a 5 gallon bucket nearly full a few years ago in a half hour or so. I could literally grab clusters of sand plums and strip them off the bushes. A clump in each hand. My mom and dad washed em up, gave some away and blanched and juiced the rest. They made a couple dozen jars of jelly and also froze several containers of juice for future jelly.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In my general area, the late freezes have not made the plum bushes put on either. For what ever reason, the ones we have around the house, make it through the late freezes. Our apple tree makes it, but the neighbor a mile down the road has had his get frost, and not produce.

Don't know how that happens, but the terrain has something to do with it. When I used to ride motorcycles, one would always run through places that were cooler, or warmer than others.

They Fracked a well about a 1/2 mile north of us. That may be what saved us. Neighbor hood warming?

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my general area, the late freezes have not made the plum bushes put on either. For what ever reason, the ones we have around the house, make it through the late freezes. Our apple tree makes it, but the neighbor a mile down the road has had his get frost, and not produce.

Don't know how that happens, but the terrain has something to do with it. When I used to ride motorcycles, one would always run through places that were cooler, or warmer than others.

They Fracked a well about a 1/2 mile north of us. That may be what saved us. Neighbor hood warming?

Oh no fracking would kill any chance of trees fruiting. It caused the dinosaur extinction and the earthquakes in California.

Latest posts

Top Bottom