Saturday 3/30/19 lunch get-together in OKC - come on down!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in my Army days, I was stationed at a small base in California. All our work was classified stuff, so they put the coffee room in a separate building outside because of the delivery of supplies. They came and got me one day and said it was my turn for coffee room orderly. I told them I didn't even know how to make coffee, because back then, I never drank it.

They said, "No problem...I'll teach you." So, to the coffee room we went and the guy instructed me how to make coffee, and I took very close notes on paper. First urn of coffee was finished off, so I made more.

After a while, I noticed that the Watch NCOIC was walking into operations with a thermos of coffee. He had called his wife to bring him some. Soon after, a guy came out and said, "OK, Miller. Your time as Coffee Room Orderly is forever over."

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL, I had an employee whose philosophy was don't do something too well or they'll put you in charge of it.

We called this "the Sims principle" after him.

Or in the case of your coffee story, we would say you "Simsed it up". :pms2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom