Saturday 3/30/19 lunch get-together in OKC - come on down!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so far I have:

tRidiot (myself)
DRC458
druryj
k4ylr (possible)
NightShade
okierider
skyhawk

Anyone else planning on coming? @Annie, you around? I'll send her a text... being stuck in a group of fartin', honkin', hootin' old fat men has GOT to be something that'll make her week! lol

Saw your text on Sunday. Tax season has not been kind to me. Pile on top of that that the 3 tests I have to take to "get papered" I only have 90 days to take -- not the year I thought -- or I'll have to start over (thanks to the shutdown they delayed changing the curriculum and all the textbooks and info I have is only good for the next 90 days' test schedule) I'm kinda under the gun.

Looks like you guys had a great time. Hope I can make the next one!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like a good time that I missed. Really wanted to meet Danny and Ethan. I already know the rest of you yahoos!

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry I missed it fellas. That 5% chance that I couldn't make it turned into 100%.
Would have much rather been at lunch with a bunch gun nuts that grocery shopping for my elderly parents but that's what I have to do.
I think it's great that you helped your parents. I wish I still could.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry I missed it fellas. That 5% chance that I couldn't make it turned into 100%.
Would have much rather been at lunch with a bunch gun nuts that grocery shopping for my elderly parents but that's what I have to do.

You’re a good man for that though. We’ll catch you next time.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL, tRidiot knows exactly what it is. I have a bottle sitting in the cupboard that I use when cooking from time to time.

@druryj Head over to here and get you some. https://www.google.com/maps/place/S...764f6bbde4f7b5!8m2!3d35.4958579!4d-97.5309554

Yeah, we go to Super Cao Nguyen quite often and get a lot of different sauces and vegetables. We also buy our coffee there; Café Dumonde, the French Market Coffee, and mix it 3 to 1 with Trung Nguyen, which is a Vietnamese Coffee that has a tiny hint of chocolate to it. Learned this from a friend who is quite the well known chef.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go down the "international" isle and look for the stuff from Jamaica. Right hand side of the isle near the middle. Will also find some pumpkin soup packets. It's used for the Jamaican chicken soup along with the cock soup they have depending on the recipe. My wife used to beg me to buy every one they used to have that would come in stock when I was there. Now they have tons of it.

https://chewtheworld.com/jamaican-chicken-soup/

I took a neighbor there when I made sure he made it to his VA appointment. He couldn't believe everything they had.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of local chefs from good restaurants shop there. There was a big write up on the place in one of the local magazines a few months ago. Yes, if you can get through the smell of Balut (fermented eggs with an embryo of a chicken or duck in them) and Kimchee up front, and manage to get past some of the pre-packed trays of fish, frozen frogs, duck feet, and pig snouts, you can find some really good items there.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, we go to Super Cao Nguyen quite often and get a lot of different sauces and vegetables. We also buy our coffee there; Café Dumonde, the French Market Coffee, and mix it 3 to 1 with Trung Nguyen, which is a Vietnamese Coffee that has a tiny hint of chocolate to it. Learned this from a friend who is quite the well known chef.

OK. Time for you to change your avatar and quit claiming to be a Marine. REAL Marines don't drink froo-froo coffee.

Latest posts

Top Bottom