Saturday 3/30/19 lunch get-together in OKC - come on down!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I think it's great that you helped your parents. I wish I still could.
Oh yeah, I really dont mind it. Just wish they would let me know a little sooner, when they need something, so I could make plans and such lol.
I got their groceries and a few for myself so I killed 2 birds at once.

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK. Time for you to change your avatar and quit claiming to be a Marine. REAL Marines don't drink froo-froo coffee.

Try a cup of strong Café DuMonde, Trailer Boy. It ain't froo-froo by any means. Especially with Tabasco in it. Makes Maxwell House or Folgers taste like weak whiz water coffee.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, pretty sure Marines live and breath Coffee Instant Type II.

@Ethan N, is that based on experience or something you read in an adventure magazine you borrowed from @TerryMiller? I bet some of the "coffee" I drank back in my day, in the "Old Corps", was WWII vintage even. But that reminds me; they had this little packet of Creamer, Coffee, Powdered, 1 each that came with the instant crap labeled as coffee. If you held it out over an open flame on the tip of your KaBar and let it cook, it turned into a kind of sugar-cookie thingy...just right for dipping in your "coffee". If your whole Team wanted in on it, we'd use the business end of a E-Tool and cook several packets at once. Man oh ,man, that was like fine dining right there.

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@Ethan N, is that based on experience or something you read in an adventure magazine you borrowed from @TerryMiller? I bet some of the "coffee" I drank back in my day, in the "Old Corps", was WWII vintage even. But that reminds me; they had this little packet of Creamer, Coffee, Powdered, 1 each that came with the instant crap labeled as coffee. If you held it out over an open flame on the tip of your KaBar and let it cook, it turned into a kind of sugar-cookie thingy...just right for dipping in your "coffee". If your whole Team wanted in on it, we'd use the business end of a E-Tool and cook several packets at once. Man oh ,man, that was like fine dining right there.

Most of my knowledge of military rations is from the school of YouTube. Steve1989MREInfo is a great channel. I have partaken of Coffee Instant Type II (as well as Coffee Instant Type I), but just for “fun,” not in service to my country.

I’d love to try that creamer cookie. I bet it wouldn’t work with the new non-dairy creamer stuff though. That stuff can actually be quite flammable…as in “don’t let that fireball burn off your eyebrows.”

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@Ethan N,they had this little packet of Creamer, Coffee, Powdered, 1 each If you held it out over an open flame on the tip of your KaBar and let it cook, it turned into a kind of sugar-cookie thingy...just right for dipping in your "coffee". If your whole Team wanted in on it, we'd use the business end of a E-Tool and cook several packets at once. Man oh ,man, that was like fine dining right there.
Otherwise known as C-4 in it's previous state. :hey3:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only way I've found to eat the D-2 Dessert unit pound cake without it sucking all the moisture from your mouth was to open the can leaving the cake inside, pouring water into the can so the cake soaks it up, then putting the canned cake inside the Meal Combat Individual box and setting it on fire. After that goes out, you have a fresh baked pound cake.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cafe Dumonde.... mmmm. I likes me some Community Coffee with chicory. The Wife won't drink it, so when doing a pot for both of us I have to some of her froo-froo crap. But when I get a chance to brew me some CC w/chicory, I also add a pinch of salt. It makes for a good white Russian, too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom