Scary chit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nimaro

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cleaning the regular rotation of handguns this afternoon and found this. Last shot of the day was my first squib

Attachments

• 20160924_141753.jpg
    20160924_141753.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 215

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang, you got lucky if you didn't realize it happened. From what I can see that bullet didn't go very far at all, barely left the chamber. Never seen a squib travel so little. Glad you didn't get hurt.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. You're lucky. Did you notice a sound or recoil difference on the last shot? A side note - I bought a 22lr rifle from a guy and cleaned it when I got home. I found a squib lodged in the barrel.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I made a few squib loads when i made loads so slow as to just leave the barrel during a barrel lapping session.
Never one meant to go way down range though.
You got lucky on that.
I had powder stay in the funnel once and then hit the next load and all powder dropped into the case and over flowed.
with all cases in a loading block I could see the powder.

On a progressive i make sure I can see the powder level before seating the bullet.
Takes much longer but that is fine..

okeydoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My star progressive, back in the 70's, came without the sliding powder weight. I didn't know that it was supposed to have one. all went well for about a year, until I decided to live in a tent at my friend's range, firing 24,000 rds of .45 cast bullet reloads in 6 weeks. I just left the powder in the measure, and it collected enough moisture that it "bridged over", like wet sand, and I had about 100 rds of .45 that had either no powder or a very small amount. I could sometimes see the bullets fall to earth within 20 yds. I beat many a stuck bullet out of the barrel of my series 70 colt, too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom