School bus evacuated after student shows another child a BB gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TULSA, Okla. — An investigation is underway after a student allegedly showed another student at BB gun on a school bus Thursday afternoon.

It happened outside of Peary Elementary School, however the bus was not a part of Tulsa Public Schools. Officials say most of the students on the bus are enrolled at Tulsa Honors Academy.

The bus makes a stop at Peary Elementary School.

No one was hurt, and the bus was evacuated.

This is a developing story.

https://www.fox23.com/news/local/sc...ther-child-bb-gun/AHAFSCNMJNDFZFF4KUGE3CNJ2Q/

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When Guns Were Allowed in School.jpg

Ahall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had a shooting team when I was in high school.
Guns were on campus, with some precautions.

However, if you go down to the big box stores and look at how closely you may be surprised by how closely the bb guns resemble a cartridge gun.
Most of us can spot the differences at a glance, but my wife cant.

I can understand the a school or bus driver erroring on the side of caution.
They probably had some kid tell them they saw a gun, or got a fleeting glimpse of it.

If they get it wrong and a kid gets shot, then the anti-gun crowd gets another chance beat their chests.
There would be no explaining why they did not act.
It would be career ending and they would also end up in a legal battle that would cost more than their annual pay.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Im just confused on what evacuating the bus was going to do. In that scenario, assuming the kid was non-threatening, is it easier to take control of one firearm or firearm looking object or however many kids were on the bus? If you have control of the object, Id prefer to keep the kids on the bus so they are contained and controlled until the proper procedure can be carried out from there.

I also get erring on the side of extreme caution when someone else's kids are involved. My risk tolerance goes down a decent amount when it is my kids versus me, and even further than that when it is someone else's kid versus mine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom