School Lunch--Yum, Yum OR Barf, Barf

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same here in Duncan. Our hambergers were made of 100% soy, but that line was always full. I had no problem with salad and I got through the lunch line quickly. I miss those peanut butter square things for dessert.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know, never et one. Elementary school I was a lunchbox kid. Junior high it was downtown for burgers and fries. High school it was across the street for burgers and fries for my sophomore and junior years, then wherever my heart desired and my car would take me during my senior year.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know, never et one. Elementary school I was a lunchbox kid. Junior high it was downtown for burgers and fries. High school it was across the street for burgers and fries for my sophomore and junior years, then wherever my heart desired and my car would take me during my senior year.

My older brother's class(2 years ahead of me) ruined offsite lunches for our school(the sonic was right across the street). Too much tom foolery so they stopped that and started bringing in food from restaurants in town.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...alls-new-school-lunch-rules-a-failu/?page=all
1M kids stop school lunch due to Michelle Obama’s food standards
By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times - Thursday, February 2, 2014
The federal government’s changes to school lunch menus have been disastrous, causing problems for cafeterias trying to comply with the rules and leaving the menu so expensive or unpalatable that more than 1 million students have stopped buying lunch, according to a government audit released Thursday.

&

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/...-michelle-obama-approved-school-lunches-yuck/
Families Are Outraged to See Michelle Obama-Approved School Lunches (YUCK!)
Now, parents are getting involved… and they aren’t happy. A family in Chickasha, Oklahoma is FURIOUS about what their daughter is being served for lunch at school. Although Superintendent David Cash admits that the lunches are “Not enough,” he blames Michelle’s Federal school lunch regulations for the unsightly meals.

&

http://www.nationalreview.com/artic...s-control-freak-lunch-program-michelle-malkin
Michelle Obama’s Control-Freak Lunch Program
by Michelle Malkin May 21, 2014 12:00 AM
Or you can do what Arlington Heights District 214 in Michelle Obama’s home state of Illinois just did: Vote yourselves out of the unsavory one-size-fits-all mandate. Last week, the state’s second largest school district decided to quit the national school-lunch program altogether. Officials pointed out that absurd federal guidelines prevented them from offering hard-boiled eggs, hummus, pretzels, some brands of yogurt, and nonfat milk in containers larger than 12 ounces.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was hungry so i ate whatever slop they put in front of me. Some was good like when they would make grilled cheese. I eat with my youngest sometimes and i think it's gotten worse over the years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom