The Queen's lunch menu in Chickasha, Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow. Who is at fault here? It's so hard to choose. Is it the overreaching federal government, or the administration bloated state department of education, or the lazy "professional educator" trying to save the money on his budget, or the parents who've abdicated their responsibility for their children's welfare?
Do I have to choose just one?
Your kid, your responsibility. If the school isn't feeding your kid enough, send a sandwich with him. If you don't give a s#!t, don't expect anyone else to.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow. Who is at fault here? It's so hard to choose. Is it the overreaching federal government, or the administration bloated state department of education, or the lazy "professional educator" trying to save the money on his budget, or the parents who've abdicated their responsibility for their children's welfare?
Your kid, your responsibility. If the school isn't feeding your kid enough, send a sandwich with him. If you don't give a s#!t, don't expect anyone else to.

Hear hear!

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In high school I went to a small school that was k-12 in same building. They thought we were too fat also. Ended up making the lunches tiny. We all took them to the supers office. Lunches got a bit bigger but was never enough to be filling. So I got my dad's old Stanley lunch box and proceeded to fill it daily. 2-3 sammichs chips fruit thermos of tea and other stuff. I wasn't fat I thought 5'9" at the time and 160 pounds.

Sent via message in a bottle

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

While I do agree, you have to make sure the lunch you send meets the federal guidelines or they can take that lunch, trash it and give your kids what they want them to have. They will also charge you for it. It has happened.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wrong. Parents are responsible. Feed your own kids. Give 'em a box of poptarts and a Big Gulp if you're upset, but just don't get it twisted as being a government problem.

Horehit...I pay for that lunch..it needs to be a little better than that crap...
pop tarts and a big gulp...WTF
Its just a big joke..8(
It is a gov problem..theyre makin these dumaxx laws...fftt dumaxx's

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any lunch brought to school still have to meet the food health guidelines or the food is took. My wife's school has opted out and receives no federal food funds now.
The Chickasaws have stepped in and replaced the funding. Food quality and healthiness improved vastly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom