Schumer Shutdown: Dems want shutdown to protect illegals!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sure....what happened to the big beautiful wall?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/08/us/politics/trump-border-wall-funding-surveillance.html

Looks like he’s cutting proven methods of border security for his YUGE Wall.

So the answer is perfectly simple then. All the Democrats have to do is request to authorize and appropriate MORE funding for border security than Trump is asking for, right? That way we can get the wall and everything else we need along with it! ;)

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2018-01-24-b9f12826_large.jpg

2018-01-24-dbf7e133_large.jpg

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, based on the figure of 4M or so Aliens that are here now (without a wall), I am incredulous as the the effectiveness of those ‘....proven methods of border security.’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4M would be an extremely "light" count. It's been stated that as many as 33M have been here at peak, but 10-11M is generally excepted.

FWIW, there are probably more Visa overstays and day trippers that don't return than any other categories.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wall is a dumb idea anyway. It’s practically useless. Can’t believe we are letting fiscal negotiations get hung up on such a ridiculous project.

Anyone with a minute of military experience understands that obstacles without overwatch are near pointless. Without overwatch will be easily breached in no time.

We need coherent immigration policy and robust domestic enforcement of that immigration policy more than we need a ridiculously expensive wall that does nothing but enrich the engineering and construction company that will build it. Let’s follow the money there, that would be interesting.

While I'm not an expert on the walls, I have heard that the one near San Diego (or somewhere in southern CA) has been pretty effective.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While I'm not an expert on the walls, I have heard that the one near San Diego (or somewhere in southern CA) has been pretty effective.

Because it has overwatch. You can’t put enough boots on the ground on the rest of the border for a wall to be effective. The BP has said what they really want is more surveillance assets, but I don’t hear about that in the Wall Plan. Maybe it’s in there though.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is only one realistic reason Schumer pulled away from any agreement on the border wall/DACA. That reason is that the Dems do not want to lose the DACA issue. If it goes up for a vote, it won't pass and they loose that bargaining chip. They know it won't pass and can't take the risk of losing the issue. If DACA dies, they have no "legitimate" reason to block the wall. With the wall going up and no DACA, it's a double whammy.

Woody

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because it has overwatch. You can’t put enough boots on the ground on the rest of the border for a wall to be effective. The BP has said what they really want is more surveillance assets, but I don’t hear about that in the Wall Plan. Maybe it’s in there though.
I did read that the conditions along the border are so bad that the border patrol is having a hard time getting new recruits.
They are leaving the service faster than recruitment efforts. Overworked, understaffed, and the people crossing the border are becoming increasingly violent toward officers that may have to confront 20 illegals with drugs and weapons by themselves with backup a long time coming.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.theamericanmirror.com/angry-illegals-converge-schumer-home-wont-let-sleep/
Angry illegals converge on Schumer home: ‘We won’t let him sleep!’
JANUARY 24, 2018
BY KYLE OLSON
Thats awesome. It's the boomerang effect going on. Everything the libs have been championing since Trump has been elected is coming back to bite their ass. The uranium deal is hot now as well as the clinton emails and foundation are back before congress.
It's not about getting back at the political opponents, it's about there can't be a ruling class that is above the law.
We should be all equal under the law but those at the top think they are above it.
These investigations with Trey Gowdy and David Nunez at the helm are making sure those at the top are getting a reality check.

Latest posts

Top Bottom