scope for a budget 10/22 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am in the process of building up a 10/22 on shoe string. I have been given a scope a buddy took off his hunting rifle. Am I correct in thinking the biggest difference in a scope meant for rimfire use and a scope meant for centerfire use is how they are adjusted for paralax? The scope I have been given is paralax adjustable.

oyousooner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am in the process of building up a 10/22 on shoe string. I have been given a scope a buddy took off his hunting rifle. Am I correct in thinking the biggest difference in a scope meant for rimfire use and a scope meant for centerfire use is how they are adjusted for paralax? The scope I have been given is paralax adjustable.
No expert but I say yes.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks oyousooner. I guess I should have said functional difference. I would also assume rimfire scopes would not necessarily be built as stout and likely have thinner reticles so they block out less of the target at the typical shorter ranges. I'll give this scope a try and if I don't like it then find another.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Some .22 scopes are parallax adjustable, and I don't think the reticles are necessarily different. The big difference is quality/durability.

If the scope you have isn't what you want, I'd recommend trying the Mueller scopes. I have heard good things, and the one I have is doing what it's supposed to do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom