Scope recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the money, I'm not trying to bag on any other brands, but the Zeiss is head and shoulders above anything else at this price point. The 3-9x40 may not fit for the intended purpose of this particular rifle but if it does, the Zeiss is the scope to get.

I would have to agree. You listed the best deal unless one needed target turrets or ranging reticle. Then you are really getting out of the price range of $300 for something of good quality.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The power of the scope has a lot to do with the kind of hunting he plans to do. I think for most deer hunting a 3 x 9 will do fine. The Ziess at the 359.00 is about the best deal you will run across. All of the Nikon's are really good scopes in my opinion. Good luck with your purchase. The people here on the board will not steer you wrong.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If he bought a Rem 700 in .308 he made a good sensible choice for an all around gun. Many of the whiz-bang scopes mentioned are not a good sensible choice for a Rem short action (deer gun, I assume?) Why don't you ask him what he would like to have. $300 (or less) will buy you any number of good serviceable scopes for a deer hunter. SWFA or Midway are good choices for the purchase. Don't go overboard on magnification unless he is heavy into long range varmint shooting. A 3-9x will work for about anything and many cases a 2-7x is better for a short action.

Cowboy2000

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have two Nikon scopes that were well worth the money. I got a Prostaff for my 308 deer rifle, 3x9-50 and a Nikon scope for my AR, 3-9x40. Both scopes are excellent.

Latest posts

Top Bottom