Scrap club meeting tonight in Duncan whos going?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was unable to make it but I went by the Cache Creek Fly Shop and paid my annual dues Monday morning.
How was the meeting? Much griping about the dues increase?

JonnyRocco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No gripes about the fee increase, although I sure didn't like it. There was some discussion about their ban of bump-stock firing. They now claim over 500 members. This is up from only 250 or so in 2010.

Navy_chief

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was unable to make it but I went by the Cache Creek Fly Shop and paid my annual dues Monday morning.

Mugsy,
Not too much griping as stated howver there was mention about the wire lines in some of the bays wanting to know if they will be replaced with backerboards Looks like not for awhile and they will remain in place for now.
Matt

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No gripes about the fee increase, although I sure didn't like it. There was some discussion about their ban of bump-stock firing. They now claim over 500 members. This is up from only 250 or so in 2010.

Why is this banned? Were people doing this lobbing shots over the berm?

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The whole bump-fire thing has been controversial. Unfortunately, lacking a full time range control/safety officer the board of managers feel the need to put rules in place, that at least attempt, to limit the chance of off-range releases and/or other events that create diffculty with the neighbors. Remember, the land is leased from Duncan and the lease can be terminated fairly easily for a wide range of reasons so the board is probably correct to be cautious.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Does Jon (Cache Creek Fly Shop) have the new keys to the gate as well? I couldn't make the meeting last night either. I could run by the Fly shop at lunch and renew as long as he can do the key exchange.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does Jon (Cache Creek Fly Shop) have the new keys to the gate as well? I couldn't make the meeting last night either. I could run by the Fly shop at lunch and renew as long as he can do the key exchange.

I got my key this year (as in years before) from Jon.

Dave

Latest posts

Top Bottom