Second Taser Related Death From OKCPD since July

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle Rayner

Marksman
Reaction score
"Really? I thought hitting his wife and then fighting the police did that for him. Honestly it irritates me that this is called the second taser related death. In the first one the guy was higher than a kite, ran a while, fought the police and then got Tased. The COD on that one is still in determined. In this case the guy hit his wife, fought the police, got OC'd and got Tased, then died. I think a more accurate assesment of these incidents would be OKCPD has 2nd incident where citizens with pre-existing health conditions did stupid stuff, fought the police and died. It is undetermined what killed both of these individuals, however their actions had a direct influence in it. The Taser hasn't had a single confirmed kill on a health individual."

Okay, first, excited delirium is a boogeyman condition that is not listed in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, published by American Psychiatric Association. No statistics are kept on excessive use of force, according to the New York Times (http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9505E6DD1139F93AA15757C0A9679C8B63) due to government unwillingness. Police officers in at least five US states have filed lawsuits against Taser International claiming they suffered serious injuries after being shocked with the device during training classes(http://orlando.injuryboard.com/defe...rnative-to-the-defective-and-deadly-taser.php).

You stated a man was robbing a Dollar General, therefore wasn't a big deal that he was killed? Becuase he was a low-life? Because he was a criminal?

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Holy crap! What a small world.

I can't say much due to HIPAA and all, but I worked at the Pharmacy where these people filled medications and I saw something like this coming a mile away... they were a violent couple.

I doubt the taser was the least of his issues too.

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This

ai625.photobucket.com_albums_tt333_drudoggydogg_IBTL.jpg

Kyle Rayner

Marksman
Reaction score
Taser International has admitted in a training bulletin that repeated blasts of a taser can "impair breathing and respiration". Also, on Taser's website it is stated that, for a subject in a state described as "excited delirium", repeated or prolonged stuns with the Taser can contribute to "significant and potentially fatal health risks".

Nasal application of capsaicin causes sneezing, irritation, and reflex mucus secretion. Its inhalation can cause acute hypertension (similar to ammonia inhalation), which in turn can cause headache and increase the risk of stroke or heart attack. Animal studies show various and sometimes profound reflex effects on respiratory and cardiovascular function. These include apnea, airway edema and constriction, systemic vasodilation, hypotension, bradycardia, and sometimes atrioventricular blockade and even asystole.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still fail to see the point of this thread (trolling). The Taser and Oc are dangerous? Ok then, let's move back to the days of hickory sticks and blackjacks/saps. If we do this expect to see more people shot and or hospitalized.

IBTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom