Seen a bear today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bears absolutely love cameras. Ive always assumed its the scent we've left. Could be they hear the inner working making commotion. Regardless I get lots of those in your face pictures, and most of the time they will knock it around a bit so I get a bunch of crooked camera shots.

You can report your bear sightings to a local Biologist or Warden and they will document it. I assume every documented sighting helps as we are continuing to conduct research on populations.

I believe it is the same with whitetail?
Don't know, but I have had hundreds of pics over the years that have a deer eyeball or nose in the pic after a prior pic of them looking at the game cam. The LED's come on first and then the game cam takes a pic, so I have to suspect the light spectrum gets their attention before the digital pic takes place.
Had them even lick the camera or rub it as I get some mud on it occasionally.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bears absolutely love cameras. Ive always assumed its the scent we've left. Could be they hear the inner working making commotion. Regardless I get lots of those in your face pictures, and most of the time they will knock it around a bit so I get a bunch of crooked camera shots.

You can report your bear sightings to a local Biologist or Warden and they will document it. I assume every documented sighting helps as we are continuing to conduct research on populations.
Thanks for the info Jared. I had already called the local warden. He told me to expect a call from the biologist.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BFBC8FA4-DCB5-40DE-9105-D70960C46892.jpeg
327A0D45-F10A-49C0-BCA6-1D74C4FC9996.jpeg
Couple more pics.

Latest posts

Top Bottom