Seen any large pistol 'Magnum' primers ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought that I had a full brick of LPM primers put back but after just checking my stash a little bit ago I don't and I'm down to just 400 which isn't enough to let me play with my Redhawk .44 mag very much when it warms up.

I'm partial to Winchester but beggars can't be choosers so I'll take what I can get......if anyone runs across any for sale while surfing I'd appreciate it if you'd give me a shout.

Thanks.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Useful Trivia — even though Small Rifle and Small Pistol primer pockets share the same depth specification, Large Rifle and Large Pistol primers do not. The standard pocket for a Large Pistol primer is somewhat shallower than its Large Rifle counterpart, specifically, 0.008 to 0.009 inch less."

Primer info quote taken from

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

Going to do a little horse trading later this morning with a forum member for 300 Federals which will give me 700 total....that should hold me for awhile but I'm still going to keep my eyes peeled for a brick.

Latest posts

Top Bottom