Selling video equipment out of your van

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking of the door to door meat sales, I cannot for the life of me ever imagine ANYONE buying meat from a truck driving down my street. They come into my neighborhood pretty of often too... I just don't get it.

Hoorayebay

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've ran into this type of scam before. I told them I wanted the equipment and to follow me to an ATM. I had them follow me around for about 10 minutes until I pulled into Mcdonalds and order some food. They pulled next to me and said WTF? I then told them I ordered too many chicken nuggets and my boss would let me sell them at a discounted price. They sped off in a rage. LOL

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't get it. If they're showing you a fake invoice, and the contents of the package don't match the label on the box, how is this legal?

The only thing that's absolutely false is the price paid. The contents of the package match what's on the box, but the box is elaborately done to make it appear that what's in the box is primo goods, using buzzwords like "professional" and such. Which is found in just about any product that's offered in some sort of package, it's just exaggerated a bit more in these cases.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tell them meat guys to get lost... Heck, I tell everyone thats selling stuff to get lost.

I normally do, but I might have some fun with the next batch that comes around... I want to hear their sales pitch that is evidently working on some poor souls.

Twmaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You pay they drive off and have a box of crap.

Heh, I buy enough boxes of crap on purpose...

Speaking of the door to door meat sales, I cannot for the life of me ever imagine ANYONE buying meat from a truck driving down my street. They come into my neighborhood pretty of often too... I just don't get it.

I'm job hunting. There's a company that posts an ad almost every day. They call the job 'route delivery'. When you show up the real job is just that. Selling meat door-to-door. :mad:

... Heck, I tell everyone thats selling stuff to get lost.

Same here. And I am not nice about it either.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where can you pick up "No Soliciting" stickers? Are they in that section of Wal Mart that has adhesive numbers and letters for mailboxes and such? I'm tired of coming home from work to find some sort of advertisement placard hanging off my doorknob, then at least once a week somebody comes by trying to sell me newspapers, meat, lawn care, etc.

Twmaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where can you pick up "No Soliciting" stickers? Are they in that section of Wal Mart that has adhesive numbers and letters for mailboxes and such? I'm tired of coming home from work to find some sort of advertisement placard hanging off my doorknob, then at least once a week somebody comes by trying to sell me newspapers, meat, lawn care, etc.

They don't work. I have a sign on my door. The nitwits still bother me.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They don't work. I have a sign on my door. The nitwits still bother me.

As of now, I'll politely decline whatever offer they're pitching. I understand that they're just doing their jobs and who am I to talk down on someone trying to make a living? But, if I have a No Soliciting sticker in plain view, then I don't have to be nice to those who choose to ignore it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom