Senator tries to disarm sheriffs at Oklahoma state capital

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I totally agree this is a sham for gun owners and the public in general. That said throwing "in texas" at us is repulsive. I could care less what texas does. If you were better informed on texas you would know their gun laws are MORE restrictive than ours. I detest texas anything! To inject them in this conversation is an insult to Oklahomans in my view. I am on your side BUT not on texas anything.

Hear , Here!!!

Bluewing

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
meanwhile......back at the capital....If the OWHP did not have a problem (and i am talking courtesy among LEO) no one else should. THEY are OUR (the tax payer) gaurd, there to gaurd OUR (elected) legislators.
The SAA that i have dealt with were only concerned with helping us try to get some legelation passed in an orderly and efficiant manner.
This whole thing sounds like a FUBAR in the information given out.
Next......i am totally on board with appropriate legislation giving "qualified" everyday individuals that have a CCW the right to carry any where the LEO do.
Wow! Define quallified! Lota hurdles there! Way more training than i have the time to do.
I have met and got to know a few of our legislators. no we aren't Besties. But there are some very good peaople in our House and Senate.
Last time i was there all you had to do was look in Senator Jenning's office on the way by and you would see the full size outline of a person target with the 10 ring on the head and the 10 ring on the chest shot completely out. If that isn't at least a little statement towards Second Amendment Rights then maybe i am off base. AND you can see it from the hallway. Not like he is trying to hide something and play politics once you are in his office.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I totally agree this is a sham for gun owners and the public in general. That said throwing "in texas" at us is repulsive. I could care less what texas does. If you were better informed on texas you would know their gun laws are MORE restrictive than ours. I detest texas anything! To inject them in this conversation is an insult to Oklahomans in my view. I am on your side BUT not on texas anything.

Are you really that big of a football fan? Or is there a legit reason you hate our southern/western neighbor?

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So ... did a senator ask the SAA to have them leave? Or did the SAA do it independently on his own judgment? Just wondering if anyone here has any detail on the story beyond what was reported (and then apparently pulled for any followup)?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
meanwhile......back at the capital....If the OWHP did not have a problem (and i am talking courtesy among LEO) no one else should. THEY are OUR (the tax payer) gaurd, there to gaurd OUR (elected) legislators.
The SAA that i have dealt with were only concerned with helping us try to get some legelation passed in an orderly and efficiant manner.
This whole thing sounds like a FUBAR in the information given out.
Next......i am totally on board with appropriate legislation giving "qualified" everyday individuals that have a CCW the right to carry any where the LEO do.
Wow! Define quallified! Lota hurdles there! Way more training than i have the time to do.
I have met and got to know a few of our legislators. no we aren't Besties. But there are some very good peaople in our House and Senate.
Last time i was there all you had to do was look in Senator Jenning's office on the way by and you would see the full size outline of a person target with the 10 ring on the head and the 10 ring on the chest shot completely out. If that isn't at least a little statement towards Second Amendment Rights then maybe i am off base. AND you can see it from the hallway. Not like he is trying to hide something and play politics once you are in his office.

Mmm.... the real litmus test is how he votes on important legislation, not the target hung in his office. I agree I like that, but I wouldn't base much on it, really. We've all seen the stories of how many politicians and bigwigs think they should be allowed to carry but the rest of us "little people" can't be trusted.

I'm not saying he's a bad guy, just saying lots of politicians love to shoot or talk about gun rights... but when it comes right down to it, very very VERY few of them actually support the 2nd Amendment in the way it was understood and in daily use when it was written. If you want the truth of how they feel, ask them if they think it would be ok to see every other citizen walking down the road armed with their modern-day sporting rifle... you'd see how quickly a lot of them would start stuttering.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I doubt many of them shoot or hunt. Wouldn't surprise me if only very few own guns let alone carry.

On the national level i really doubt any of them, own, shoot, hunt or have anything to do with guns.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I doubt many of them shoot or hunt. Wouldn't surprise me if only very few own guns let alone carry.

On the national level i really doubt any of them, own, shoot, hunt or have anything to do with guns.

There is the Oklahoma Legislative Sportsmen's Caucus.

Latest posts

Top Bottom