Shawnee pistol and rifle club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swat-t

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We have passed EPA phase 1 study, city council and are waiting on the rezoning. The proposed range will have 4 50yard bays 1 100 yard bay and a 300 yard long range. Still waiting on the final drawing!

F

fredkrueger

I live in Shawnee as well and am very interested in joining. I hate driving all the way to OKC to shoot at an indoor range. I would love to be a part of something like this. How can I become a member?

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How come this hasn't been updated or talked about in so long? I was curious if the new range was opened or if a rroadblock has been hit. I was interested in joining also. Thanks.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Putting in a new range is tough these days. The Ponca City Range was in one location for 45 years.

Encroaching developments forced them to move. We were without a range for 3 years, buying a place finally, but the threat of lawsuits from neighbors forced us to look elsewhere.

I hope the folks get lucky and find an area to build one.

We finally found the spot we are at now. It actually turned out to be the best place. Our range has two 25 yard and two 35 yard pistol bays. One 50 meter rifle/pistol bay with a concrete firing line, a 100 yard bay with a concrete covered firing line, and we just completed a 300 yard bay.

We have a shotgun shooting area, and future plans call for 5 more pistol bays.

I know I'm promoting our range, but also showing how difficult it is to get an area to build one. I wish the club luck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom