Reloading Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just my 2 cents, if the original poster wants to learn, then could set up a face time call with some of the people here, or even could set up a video conference, like Zoon, Blue Jeans, etc. and have a class at a set time and day.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a club that has reloading equipment they allow members to use?

Not long ago I bought a nice Wire Feed Hobart Welder, have not done a lot of wire welding. A life of stick, and knew I could learn. But I had so many offers of teaching. Had a couple come and teach me to set up, explain wires, lube etc etc. Saved me months of learning on my own.

Paul Box

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
My advice is to obtain some literature for reloading and read it fully and then read it again just to be sure.
Shortcuts in reloading means disasters are just around the corner.
Hornady, Lyman, Nosler, Speer are just a few of the resources available.
You-flube is not the way to learn pending on whom you listen to, there are too many idiots in the world, but hey it does take all kinds to make the world go round.
There are so many bulletin boards online like this one that you will find several people willing to assist you on each and every one of them.
I would be willing to help in anyway I could, I do have a few years of experience in metalic, shotshell and muzzle loading but, I'd never be able to say I know everything about this subject.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought some equipment, and I started loading with Hodsdon and Accurate Arms loading books.

There was no youtube back then. No internet, no message boards!

If you can not open a book, follow simple instructions, adhere to basic safety principles, then (re)loading is probably not for you!
Same here. Get a couple manuals, find an experienced reloader to keep on your speed dial and then go back and read the books again before starting to reload.
Never run a radio or TV. Devote your full attention to every stage of the process, and double check every step.
I started reloading in 1980 and still use this advice ^^^^^ every time I visit the reloading bench.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same here. Get a couple manuals, find an experienced reloader to keep on your speed dial and then go back and read the books again before starting to reload.
Never run a radio or TV. Devote your full attention to every stage of the process, and double check every step.
I started reloading in 1980 and still use this advice ^^^^^ every time I visit the reloading bench.
Exactly what Dennis said! I have a TV going usually when I'm at the watchmaking bench just for some background noise. Not so when I'm reloading. Nothing in the background, no distractions and 100% absolute focus on the task at hand.

Latest posts

Top Bottom