Reloading Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have thought for a few years that having an outdoor gun range with a separate building on sight for reloading your own ammo would be awesome.
You must bring all your own equipment.

I have reloaded my own at Lexington gun range many times.
Not with a scale but Volume measured powder.
Not difficult.

SBSATS

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well guys, I live in Shawnee. Always willing to help anyway I can. Have several shotshell presses and several single presses as well as a old Dillion progressive. Many calibers of dies and bullet casting equipment. Drop me a line and come by and use what I have. Always willing to share my 50+ years of experience and accumulated equipment.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Dad left me a bunch of reloading equipment...some older. Never did show me how to use it. A class would be nice.

Doesn't Jerrys outdoor supply in Tulsa let you use there equipment? I could be wrong but I thought they said something about it last time I was in there.
was in the other day and its all set up by the front door. so possibly

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not letting any rando touch my reloading equipment. The first time they hot charge something and blow their irreplaceable 200 million dollar gun up they'll be suing me saying it was my equipment and not their error.
you are supposed to help people learn so terrible way of thinking.... and if your there . slim chance they would tear anything up.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you are supposed to help people learn so terrible way of thinking.... and if your there . slim chance they would tear anything up.
Oh I don't have any issues with (some) people doing stuff if I'm there. I've done lots of demo and instruction with my setup for new loaders. But framed as the idea of a club where someone might be able to go to a clubhouse where the equipment just exists .... yeah, nah.

Even if I'm there, I can't watch over every aspect of the process so there's still a liability concern. Like, let's say I let someone come over and load and they decided to make a boolit that was over max powder and the bullet seated too far in. Am I going to be there to check all their throws and busting out the calipers for each round? No. So even if I am right there, I can't watch over everything which means that if something went south, any lawyer is going to try to pin the problem on my setup because obvious their client would never make a mistake. So I really would not be opening the workshop to anyone.

SBSATS

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with Bocephus. I don't have a problem with others using my equipment. 1. If they are using mine, that generally means I am showing them how. Which means I am watching every detail of what they are doing to begin with. I would be watching even if they were an experienced reloader that possibly just needed a set of dies they didn't have for something new to them, just in case they may know something I didn't.
After over 50 years of reloading I have learned that no matter what... you don't know ALL there is to know.

SBSATS

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh I don't have any issues with (some) people doing stuff if I'm there. I've done lots of demo and instruction with my setup for new loaders. But framed as the idea of a club where someone might be able to go to a clubhouse where the equipment just exists .... yeah, nah.

Even if I'm there, I can't watch over every aspect of the process so there's still a liability concern. Like, let's say I let someone come over and load and they decided to make a boolit that was over max powder and the bullet seated too far in. Am I going to be there to check all their throws and busting out the calipers for each round? No. So even if I am right there, I can't watch over everything which means that if something went south, any lawyer is going to try to pin the problem on my setup because obvious their client would never make a mistake. So I really would not be opening the workshop to anyone.
I have done so many times and have never had anyone get offended by me checking every single detail of their work, to include the calipers on each and every round, the powder drop, brass length, crimp etc. 2 sets of eyes and subsequent checks during the process is a plus. At least in my mind. Will I give someone free access? Of course not. I will be there making quality look like a new hire. But I will always help in anyway I can. Although we disagree, I still appreciate your viewpoint and friendship.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have done so many times and have never had anyone get offended by me checking every single detail of their work, to include the calipers on each and every round, the powder drop, brass length, crimp etc. 2 sets of eyes and subsequent checks during the process is a plus. At least in my mind. Will I give someone free access? Of course not. I will be there making quality look like a new hire. But I will always help in anyway I can. Although we disagree, I still appreciate your viewpoint and friendship.
I don't even think we're disagreeing here. My point is that even if you do all the QC checks and things you mention you still will not later give free access. I might help someone, teach them, do the checks etc, but I'm not going to say "heres the code to the keypad on the garage, use it whenever" right?. I'm definitely not giving full access to my progressives and saying "sure rip out a thousand rounds".

SBSATS

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol, yes sir we are on the same page. I agree 💯. I help where and when I can. But, at the end of the day...I, and I alone have the key to my loading room. And there is never anyone else there when I am not. You have a blessed and safe day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom