Shipping delays

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm waiting on something that supposedly left Palatine, IL on 04FEB at 0706hrs, but the tracking info hasn't updated since then. No comments about weather or anything. Just nothing.

OKIE-CARBINE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i ordered some stuff from longlifefood.com last friday evening and its on the truck for delivery today. even after having 2 entries in the tracking system for adverse weather conditions, its still gonna arrive on time.

:clap3:

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
My mailman looks downright sad these days ... poor guy ... I met him at the door yesterday with a cup of hot chocolate. He looked like he was gonna cry he was so grateful.

There are so many jobs out there I couldn't do. Being a delivery person in this kind of weather is one of them.

Oh, and UPS delivered GC's stuff yesterday. I'm still waiting on my books from Amazon that were shipped on Friday but I'm in no hurry ... they'll get here when they get here.

Stop trying to lure the mailman into the house with hot chocolate while GC is gone. He's got mail to deliver. :)

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I do feel somewhat empathetic for our mail lady, the dadgum post office has stated:

"We are mothers and fathers. And sons and daughters. Who every day go about our lives with duty, honor and pride. And neither snow, nor rain, nor heat, nor gloom of night, nor the winds of change, nor a nation challenged, will stay us from the swift completion of our appointed rounds. Ever."

So what gives? Crystalline water doesn't count?

I'd be happy to provide a cup of hot cocoa if I could just get my mail on time this last week and a half.

jchip123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need to give a BIG AAA+ to the US Post Office, I received a package from MN that was shipped On Feb 8th by Priority mail and it is here already.

And a BIG FFFFFF- to UPS, I had a package shipped Jan 28th from St. Louis and still not delivered, I only live five miles from UPS and they can't get it here, Its been in Tulsa 4 days now and spent a week in OKC.

Shootum

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm sitting here reading about all the delays and thinking crap my order from Brownells is not gona make it here this week and the wife yells out - UPS just drove by. Got mine one day late, I'll be play n in the shop Sat.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My mailman looks downright sad these days ... poor guy ... I met him at the door yesterday with a cup of hot chocolate. He looked like he was gonna cry he was so grateful.

There are so many jobs out there I couldn't do. Being a delivery person in this kind of weather is one of them.

Oh, and UPS delivered GC's stuff yesterday. I'm still waiting on my books from Amazon that were shipped on Friday but I'm in no hurry ... they'll get here when they get here.

that's a great attitude BB...

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need to give a BIG AAA+ to the US Post Office, I received a package from MN that was shipped On Feb 8th by Priority mail and it is here already.

And a BIG FFFFFF- to UPS, I had a package shipped Jan 28th from St. Louis and still not delivered, I only live five miles from UPS and they can't get it here, Its been in Tulsa 4 days now and spent a week in OKC.

I do agree about UPS. I've NEVER had a great experience with them. Usually anything I order that comes through them looks like a Gorilla bounced it around in the back of the truck for the whole ride.

I love the USPS, just ironic that this snow caused them to completely urp themselves.

Latest posts

Top Bottom