Shooting at H&H

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Says he was the manager of First Watch restaurant on Memorial. Reading his bio you do not get the feeling this is the kind of person that's going to take his own life. Depression is a hell of an affliction.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Says he was the manager of First Watch restaurant on Memorial. Reading his bio you do not get the feeling this is the kind of person that's going to take his own life. Depression is a hell of an affliction.

And that is the devil of it. If you have never been depressed, you have no clue ... And I mean no clue how unrelenting and how all consuming the pain can be. You can't even guess ... There is no other pain like it in the world. It seeps into every single solitary cell of your soul. It is not anything I'd wish on anyone, not even my worst enemy.

My prayers are with his family and friends.

SoonerDVM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And that is the devil of it. If you have never been depressed, you have no clue ... And I mean no clue how unrelenting and how all consuming the pain can be. You can't even guess ... There is no other pain like it in the world. It seeps into every single solitary cell of your soul. It is not anything I'd wish on anyone, not even my worst enemy.

Yep. That about covers it.

I read somewhere that normal people tend to forget sad times and form lasting memories of happier things.

People who are depressed form lasting memories of their worst times and tend to forget the happy things. Meaning... you genuinely cannot remember a time when you were ever happy... which does not tend to give you much hope that you ever will be happy.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somehow I don't think that suicide is an impulse purchase. Generally takes some planning, wouldn't you think?

A person can never have thought of it but if they suffer from depression and the right chain of events occurs yeah it can be an impulse buy as you phrase it. There are actual physiological causes of depression, finding the right med and the right dose to help someone is very difficult.

Ahmen

Yep. That about covers it.

I read somewhere that normal people tend to forget sad times and form lasting memories of happier things.

People who are depressed form lasting memories of their worst times and tend to forget the happy things. Meaning... you genuinely cannot remember a time when you were ever happy... which does not tend to give you much hope that you ever will be happy.

You chase happiness in a manic manner, things that make you happy are fleeting depression finds a way to make those things something that is more a hassle than something enjoyable you become very negative about everything until you chase the next thing that catches your eye. And you never really see what your disease is doing to those around you. Listening to talk radio, watching the news, you see and hear only the negatives and the disease feeds on those negatives.

My prayers and condolences to the decedents family and friends.

Anyone reading this that finds themselves down the road considering suicide remember one thing, you may not believe in god or what is said about suicide being unforgivable, but what if you're wrong and your soul is going to hell for committing suicide? Someone once gave that advice to someone else and it may very well have saved that persons life.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got home. Haven't read this thread since last night. Wasn't happy about some of the comments yesterday. Really hits home to me. I hate to say, I know more about death than most people should (which for me has been a blessing...sounds strange, but it's true). Last night all I could think was: Are there really this many heartless people? For those that reassessed their early harsh opinions....may God Bless you. For everyone else...may God Bless you too. Thanks for restoring my faith in humanity.

Latest posts

Top Bottom