Shooting at H&H

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

en4cer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It just occurred to me how strong a subject this may be to people not necessarily directly connected to it.

It does happen.

Not trying to be callous.

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they wish to end their life in this fashion, their insurance won't cover the incident.
Drive into a bridge support, and its covered.
Thats another sad issue with suicide. The monetary issue to the family.

A lot of insurance does cover suicide after a set time (1 year, 3years, etc.).

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WTF? LOL so killing your self takes courage?

Yes, as a matter of fact it does. Imagine feeling so isolated, so worthless, so alone that you feel those you love would be better off without you.

There have been a couple of folks here take their own lives in the time I've been a member. They were both kind, loving, generous men who adored their families and were good members of society. Yet they both carried demons.

I've been where those guys were and you cannot imagine the strength it takes to even contemplate suicide. I've talked to folks who tried, but by the grace of God didn't succeed and every single one of the wanted to live, but felt their families and friends would be better off if they were gone.

They were a lot of things, but that they were cowards is not one of the things you could say about them if you had known them.

SoonerDVM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WTF? LOL so killing your self takes courage?

1. I pretty much lose interest in any statement that starts with "WTF? LOL"

Yes, as a matter of fact it does. Imagine feeling so isolated, so worthless, so alone that you feel those you love would be better off without you... ...They were a lot of things, but that they were cowards is not one of the things you could say about them if you had known them.

A very good friend of mine - a physician - said something to me when I was telling him about my grief when another very good friend of mine killed himself. The physician said, "Sometimes depression is a terminal disease."

It's really easy to mock what you don't understand. If you can't understand what would make a person even consider putting a gun to their own head... then just leave it alone. This would not be the time to show off your wit. Of course, if your wit consists of statements that begin "WTF? LOL," there really is NO good time for you to try to show off your wit.

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, as a matter of fact it does. Imagine feeling so isolated, so worthless, so alone that you feel those you love would be better off without you.

There have been a couple of folks here take their own lives in the time I've been a member. They were both kind, loving, generous men who adored their families and were good members of society. Yet they both carried demons.

I've been where those guys were and you cannot imagine the strength it takes to even contemplate suicide. I've talked to folks who tried, but by the grace of God didn't succeed and every single one of the wanted to live, but felt their families and friends would be better off if they were gone.

They were a lot of things, but that they were cowards is not one of the things you could say about them if you had known them.

Fair to say.

I tend to be a lot more callous and crass on this particular subject then I probably should be. At least this dude managed to get it right.

Ek :rolleyes2

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For those of you calling this individual a coward. How many of you have the balls to put a loaded gun to your head and pull the trigger? If not, what does that make you? It's easy to talk trash and show your asses about situations you know nothing about.

We all have the balls to live through our problems. It is sad whenever anyone does this. I have a friend that has lost both of her sons to suicide. I can't even imagine how she feels. I can't ask her either. Both of her sons hung themselves.

en4cer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
1. I pretty much lose interest in any statement that starts with "WTF? LOL"

A very good friend of mine - a physician - said something to me when I was telling him about my grief when another very good friend of mine killed himself. The physician said, "Sometimes depression is a terminal disease."

It's really easy to mock what you don't understand. If you can't understand what would make a person even consider putting a gun to their own head... then just leave it alone. This would not be the time to show off your wit. Of course, if your wit consists of statements that begin "WTF? LOL," there really is NO good time for you to try to show off your wit.

Good words.

I know a physician that ended life early.
He didn't do it in public place.

Sometimes, **** happens.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just as a handgun is the most efficient tool for self defense, it's also the most efficient tool to end one's life. If one has no access to a firearm, I can't think of a better way to get hands on one for this exact purpose. I'd think that someone suicidal may not want their family to deal with the "mess", but could easily not concern themselves with some strangers at a gun range.

I feel really bad for Miles and his employees. I hope that this isolated incident doesn't cause any changes in the way that they conduct business. I also hope that the news media doesn't publicize the rental aspect, so that others don't get any ideas.

One more thing... if ANYONE on this board is thinking about ending their life, PM me and I will stop whatever I'm doing to listen. Suicide in most cases is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Latest posts

Top Bottom