Shooting at H&H

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This has happened at a range I work at out of state.

It pisses me off because of the mess and involving so many people that have nothing to do with you or your troubles. You want to off yourself? Fine. Don't be a ***** and make a scene about it.

Regardless I'm still going to think someone a coward.

Ek

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just spoke to someone who was there when this happened. It turns out that this guy did in fact rent a gun, buy some ammo, and kill himself on the range.

Apparently it's not all that uncommon at gun ranges, from what I've been told.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This has happened at a range I work at out of state.

It pisses me off because of the mess and involving so many people that have nothing to do with you or your troubles. You want to off yourself? Fine. Don't be a ***** and make a scene about it.

Regardless I'm still going to think someone a coward.

Ek

Exactly.

Last edited:

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just spoke to someone who was there when this happened. It turns out that this guy did in fact rent a gun, buy some ammo, and kill himself on the range.

Apparently it's not all that uncommon at gun ranges, from what I've been told.

This is the first time I've heard it happen at H&H. Or any gun range for that matter.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the first time I've heard it happen at H&H. Or any gun range for that matter.

It's actually pretty common. You can google and find them everywhere. Here's one that's got to be an extreme case:

ROYAL OAK — Target Sports is taking steps to prevent suicides at its gun range by no longer renting firearms to individuals.

Since 2001, 12 people have walked in alone to the Royal Oak location, 30482 Woodward Ave., rented weapons and shot themselves – five fatally.
Full article

I think it's the news media coverage. Might be giving others looking for a way the idea. It wouldn't surprise me to hear of another somewhere pretty quick.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
None of us know what prompted this act. For me, I just say that because I have no idea what the future holds for me, there could be a time where I would consider suicide. However, if you ever find me hanging from a rope, call the cops, 'cause that ain't the way I'm voluntarily going out.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's sad... I really hope H&H doesn't stop renting. It's a great place to get new shooters to try out all different sorts of guns! So I guess the rental got taken for evidence? Will they get the rental back? I wonder which rental he did it with?

Latest posts

Top Bottom