shooting lead in a glock? newb question...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J-leblanc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a buddy that reloads and gave me quite a few rounds (for free!) I shoot a glock 23. he said some people do not shoot lead through glocks and i should deicide if i want to. HERES THE RELOAD SPECS......

-.40 S&W

Primer-CCI small pistol
Powder- W231-5.0 Grains
Bullet- 155 grain LRN
COL- 1.130"

Any tips or advice would be great. Im new in the whole reload world and wanna make sure i dont hurt my gun. Thank you in advance!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have shot lead through both my stock Glock barrel and the Lone Wolf barrel I replaced it with.

The lead bullets were from J&K Bullet Casters.

No problems, but I clean my guns after EVERY trip to the range or a match. If you don't make any other changes to your Glock, get a Lone Wolf barrel ... I am still amazed at how much I like it.

That and a 25cent trigger job makes what is a decent shooting gun into a fun shooting gun without a lot of money being tied up in it.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Definitely go with an aftermarket barrel if you are going to shoot reloads in a glock 40 or 45. If you look at the cases from a stock glock, you will notice a bulge at the 6:00 position. This is from the feed ramp cut in the barrel. Glock for some reason moves the feed ramp to a position that leaves the case in front of the web unsupported by chamber. When you resize brass you work harden it. Virgin brass is ductile (soft) enough to expand in that area and not rupture. When brass has been work hardened, it is more brittle and more likely to rupture where it is unsupported. I thinned the glock herd to a single glock 22 and I have lone wolf barrels in both 40 and 357 sig for it. They provide standard cut rifling with lands and grooves instead of the polygonal bore that you find on the factory glock barrel, and they fully support the case in the chamber. If you shoot resized brass in an unmodified glock, you will eventually get one that ruptures and blows out the bottom. Do a web search on Glock Kaboom for more information. Good luck.. Blitzfike

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Google glock 25 cent trigger job. You get a tutorial on how to completely tear down a Glock to all its pieces.(33). It will show you what parts to polish up. It dosent really make it lighter but it is smoother. Worth it if for nothing else to see how your gun works.

Latest posts

Top Bottom