Shoplifters Want Lighter Sentences Because What They Stole Was on Sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do Judges ever burst out laughing at some of these pleas?
I don’t know about that, but I did hear a Federal judge chew out an attorney for asking a question that he had just told her not to ask in a sidebar session.

It was the funniest thing—in the sidebar where he told her not to ask the question, he asked if she understood, and she said yes, but from the way she said it, you could tell that she was, umm, paying insufficient attention. She went back to the podium and proceeded to ask the question, so the judge immediately stopped her and called for another sidebar. When they approached the bench, the first words out of his mouth were “I don’t know how I could’ve been any more clear” (and he had been abundantly clear). I’ve long forgotten what the question was, but I don’t think I’ll ever forget the judge’s response…

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I often wonder,,,

Do Judges ever burst out laughing at some of these pleas?

Aarond

I don’t know about laughing, but I’ve heard stories of judges lashing out at lawyers and plaintiffs / defendants during court proceedings. Theresa Brennan of Michigan is one such example; she was known to belittle people in court and otherwise act in ways unbecoming a judge. She was disbarred and jailed for illegal activities a couple years ago:

https://www.livingstondaily.com/sto.../theresa-brennan-judge-disbarred/6843229002/#
Steve Lehto on YouTube devoted several episodes to Brennan and her actions in and out of court, and he made no attempt to cover his pleasure over her disbarment.

ifishok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, if there’s a steal one get one free sale at Best Buy I’m in.
Stealing Season 10 GIF by The Simpsons

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to Costco yesterday and my son bought some cheap boots and they checked inside the box and said that some lady bought a pair of boots and when she got home an old pair of shoes was in the box. someone had switched out their old shoes for a new pair. Then sometimes people have one foot that is sized smaller than the other and they make a switch-so they have reason to check inside the shoe boxes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom