Shopping for a new pellet smoker. Too many good choices!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I checked out the Yoder 640 at Everything's BBQ this weekend when I went to get Egg stuff. It was def well built, much better than my inlaws Treager. I don't trust any of the pellet smokers to get hot enough for steak. I've used the inlaws Treager and was not impressed even after they upgraded computers.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I checked out the Yoder 640 at Everything's BBQ this weekend when I went to get Egg stuff. It was def well built, much better than my inlaws Treager. I don't trust any of the pellet smokers to get hot enough for steak. I've used the inlaws Treager and was not impressed even after they upgraded computers.
I have a Treager and like you it doesn't get hot enough for a good sear on steaks. 425 degrees isn't hot enough and it has a hard time reaching that.
Otherwise we really like it.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm having second thoughts about the sticker shock... like I said, I really need some new wheels on my truck. I may just buy me a PBC and call it good. I dunno.

Latest posts

Top Bottom