Shopping for a new pellet smoker. Too many good choices!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup. Light the pellets in the tube and let 'em smolder. One misconception is that pellets don't give off much smoke - in fact they do, but when you apply air movement to burn them faster and get more heat, they smoke less. Thus, the higher the heat, the less smoke you get. If you can smoke at low low temps, you'll get more. I can't keep my Traeger lit these days on anything less than 225 with the fastest pellet-feed adjustment setting, which keeps my temps higher than I like - 250-300, mostly. Irritating as all get out.

I am still waffling, there's no hurry. More research to do.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Smokin' Brothers looks interesting. No prices on the website, I have to actually go to a dealer to even find out if they are in my price range or what.

That's a major pet peeve of mine, what, is it a f***ing secret how much your s*** costs???? For most companies, it's an automatic strike one if they don't give some kind of price.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Smokin' Brothers looks interesting. No prices on the website, I have to actually go to a dealer to even find out if they are in my price range or what.

That's a major pet peeve of mine, what, is it a f***ing secret how much your s*** costs???? For most companies, it's an automatic strike one if they don't give some kind of price.
Distributor pricing. Lots of companies to that because they can get more money in more affluent locations.
Walmart stores use that same business plan. Prices at Walmart in Tulsa are not the same at every store.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Distributor pricing. Lots of companies to that because they can get more money in more affluent locations.
Walmart stores use that same business plan. Prices at Walmart in Tulsa are not the same at every store.

Which is why it pisses me off. And definitely makes me less likely to buy their product.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Which is why it pisses me off. And definitely makes me less likely to buy their product.
I know. It pissed us off when buying a nice patio set of furniture. The walmart in one side of Tulsa that is affluent had the chairs but not the table. The walmart on the "other side" of town was $20 cheaper on the table and chairs, but they only had the table.
They don't honor pricing at other walmarts, just competitors.

Latest posts

Top Bottom