Shotshell reloading - powder, primers, wads, and lead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david1289

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone know of the best places to acquire shotshell reloading components at reasonable prices? Specifically 209 primers, Red Dot powder, Wads, and lead? I've only been able to find one store in Tulsa that has most of the stuff and it's priced such that it would cost me about $7/box to reload those. Looking for something closer to $4/box or so. I'm in the Tulsa area, if that matters. Thanks.

Calamity Jake

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can order primers and powder from Powder Valley, pay the shipping/hazmat and still beat the prices at retail stores.
Try to get some shooting/handloading buddies to go in on the order for more quanity with the same shipping/hazmat.
Wads can be ordered from many places, Claybuster replacement wads are the cheapest and work just as good as factory.
Check around gunclubs/ranges in your area for someone selling reclamed shot or bite the bullet(so to speak) and buy new.

david1289

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks all! I haven't heard of Shooter's World. I'll check them out. I've looked up Midway but held off due to the extra hazmat fees. Maybe if I was willing to buy large bulk then it would be worth it.

pen25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
head out to tulsa gun club this weekend. guy from ponca city comes up i think once a month and has great prices. i buy all my shot from him for my trap loads as well as powder, wads, and primers. what are you looking to reload? if simple clay loads then he is the guy to buy from. the reclaimed shot is clean and costs 28 bucks a bag.

Latest posts

Top Bottom