Sig P230 question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a 232 (newer version of a 230) a few years ago used, excellent condition from a pawn shop. I was shocked at how accurate it was. I've shot a ton of semi-auto pistol before but was not prepared for how sharp and abrupt the recoil was. After about a magazine full was completely comfortable with it though. It's a fixed barrel, straight blow back design. Hence the accuracy and recoil impulse. I sold it to finance something else. It's on my short list of "must re-aquire" handguns. It's a truely fine peice of workmanship, great trigger, very good sights, very slim and elegant. Just my opinion but I feel it beats the ppk in every way but one; the ppk is smaller.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one. Light weight, comfortable grip, much better trigger than a PPK, extremely accurate.

The downside: Large for a .380 in todays market, significant recoil due to the blowback design. A smaller Kahr PM9 will have less recoil and a lot more power. A Kel-Tec P3AT will have about the same recoil, but be much smaller and lighter. To me, there are better choices than this older design. JMO, YMMV

Eric67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a P230 about 10 or 12 years ago, really liked it, very slim pistol. I think Hogue makes a grip for it and the P232 now, I had a Hogue slip on grip, very comfortable.

It was extremely accurate and easy to carry. The only bad thing I remember is a couple of times the web between my thumb and index finger got sliced by the slide while firing. Actually I now remember two bad things about it, my ex-wife smuggled it out when we split up.

I don't know what the difference in a 230 and a 232 is though, anyone?

ltdavel

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carried one as a back up/off duty pistol for a while. I was impressed with the pistol's quality and accuracy. I shot the old 50 yard CLEET qualification course with no problems. Mine was a 232 stainless and it had a very slick European appearance. The sights were pretty good and the trigger was decent. The downside was that it was quite heavy for a .380 - this was before the days of the small polymer frame pisatols - and had a very stout recoil spring. It was a decent pistol but given what's available on the market today, I don't think I'd buy another one. I sold mine to help finance Kimber Ultra Carry II .45.

Latest posts

Top Bottom