Sig Sauer P238

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone have an opinion on this little Sig .380?

Love my equinox! Had some issues which turned out to be caused by the original mag. Bought a 2nd mag to test, tweaked the original one, and now both run great. Very accurate, great sights, almost no recoil. Trigger is a little heavier than I expected, but should only get smoother the more I shoot it. A little heavier and larger than the lcp I sold for it, but it's worth it IMO. Got me seriously thinking about getting into reloading. Great pistol!

rodman2112

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really like mine as well. I had a problem with the slide not locking back after the last round was fired from the mag. It had only operated correctly once after approximately 200 rounds. Took it to the gunsmith at OAS and he was befuddled. Sent back to Sig and still waiting for it's return after a month. Most accurate .380 I have ever shot and super easy to conceal. I just want it back soon and working properly.

fatmax987

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great little gun. Went to buy a rugged lcp and walked out with the p238. Best impulse buy in a long time. Had a couple of ft.'s during initial 200 rounds but no problems since. Bought a colt 7 round mag with pinkie extender and it has worked flawlessly as well. And it looks like a real gun as opposed to lcp styles.
Highly recommend.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine was finicky so I sold it. Had it checked by a gunsmith before I sold it but it didn't like certain ammo. I don't like guns that finicky. I did like the way it felt though.

rodman2112

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really like mine as well. I had a problem with the slide not locking back after the last round was fired from the mag. It had only operated correctly once after approximately 200 rounds. Took it to the gunsmith at OAS and he was befuddled. Sent back to Sig and still waiting for it's return after a month. Most accurate .380 I have ever shot and super easy to conceal. I just want it back soon and working properly.

Well, OAS calls me on Thursday saying my pistol is back. I run down there and pick it up, asking "What did Sig find wrong?". "All they did was replace the magazine" was the response. WTH? I did this before I sent the gun out! Maybe they just got lazy on the response and didn't list any parts. So I take the gun to the range and sure enough, it still doesn't lock the slide on an empty mag! Not even intermittently. George is not happy! This is incredibly frustrating. How could Sig be getting results different from the OAS smith and myself? What choice do I have, I have to send it back to them. This sucks!:crying:

crazy8

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Did you buy it from this OAS place?
They wont stand behind sigs warrenty?
ITs obviously a lemon.
Return it to this OAS place and get your money back or a full store credit.

garrett09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, OAS calls me on Thursday saying my pistol is back. I run down there and pick it up, asking "What did Sig find wrong?". "All they did was replace the magazine" was the response. WTH? I did this before I sent the gun out! Maybe they just got lazy on the response and didn't list any parts. So I take the gun to the range and sure enough, it still doesn't lock the slide on an empty mag! Not even intermittently. George is not happy! This is incredibly frustrating. How could Sig be getting results different from the OAS smith and myself? What choice do I have, I have to send it back to them. This sucks!:crying:

would be pi$$ed

Latest posts

Top Bottom